Annoying people when giving you Reg No over the phone!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jay2512

Car
X253 - GLC 250d AMG Line Premium Plus
Well as it say above, I'm really getting annoyed with people who try and correct me on the phone over my own reg number.

So I ring insurance to swap over for the new car, the lady says "what's the registration?" - so I say it's "689 ....." To which the lady replies "can you start with the prefix as I think your missing a bit" erm no it's "689 ...."

Oh it's a private plate?? No S##t Sherlock

If she let me finish she would have known this! Oh well rant over, :)

I feel your pain and nearly as annoying as spelling my name out, letter by letter, only to have letters substituted by the telephone monkey……..since when did U sound like A? It's even worse when doing it using the phonetic alphabet and they still manage to get it wrong.

I feel your pain and nearly as annoying as spelling my name out, letter by letter, only to have letters substituted by the telephone monkey……..since when did U sound like A? It's even worse when doing it using the phonetic alphabet and they still manage to get it wrong.

Next time tell them you think they are a cAnt. ;)

I am not surprised they have difficulty in understanding, perhaps you should try breaking it down to: Giant - Van - Man?

I am not surprised they have difficulty in understanding, perhaps you should try breaking it down to: Giant - Van - Man?

Don't you mean Giunt Vun Mun?

Is it 689 and nothing else?

I'm not surprised they ask if that's the case.

It be unusual.

Ah, 689 ...

Have you considered saving everyone (particularly you) the aggro by simply saying "It's a private plate: just 6 8 9"?

Have you considered saving everyone (particularly you) the aggro by simply saying "It's a private plate: just 6 8 9"?

But that's the point...it's not just 689...she interrupted him before he could say the rest. A bit like reading half a post.;)

Count yourself lucky.

My name is Michele.

Now, read it again. One L. Male. Italian.

I worked for a company who's HR team insisted in sending all my paychecks to Ms. Michelle. I really would have loved to meet Michelle, she sounded fabulous.

M.

I have a similar problem with my postcode. Despite me saying EH 48 as eeeeee aitch 48 quite often my parcel ends up going via Crief PH48.

London folk seem to think 'H' is pronounced heitch :dk:

MBClub - Finding new things to get angry about every day.

But that's the point...it's not just 689...she interrupted him before he could say the rest. A bit like reading half a post.;)

Sorry for not knowing his complete reg. no. and using that in my post. If it makes you happier and more able to understand a straightforward suggestion, I'll change my response to:
Have you considered saving everyone (particularly you) the aggro by simply saying "It's a private plate: just 6 8 9 W K R" (or whatever combination of letters and/or numbers happen to be the suffix of your registration plate that you have told us starts with three numerals, but presumably for the sake of high security didn't go on to fully relate because you were so angry at the annoying people on the other end of the phone that you felt it necessary to vent your rage on the forum instead of going round to the Insurance Company offices with a collection of fire arms in order to kill every person in there).

Does that make it easier to understand? Sorry for only posting half a post when I should have prepared a long and labourious response instead of simply suggesting preceding the specific details of his registration number with the words "It's a private plate:". ;)

I have a similar problem with my postcode. Despite me saying EH 48 as eeeeee aitch 48 quite often my parcel ends up going via Crief PH48.

I find they like "Eye-itch" for A (which I refuse to say) and for U- Yeuw, A- Aaaiy. Basically, the rule is, elongate everything with extra letters e.g. mate become miayate.:devil:

'aitch.

A recent drive took me through 'Ounslow, 'Eathrow, 'Ayes, 'Arlington, 'Illingdon and 'Arrer. Just think of all the money that could have been saved over the years by using shorter signs.

Oh no we don't!

(Not that I live in London anymore. I now give my post code as "P Papa, E Echo, 7 ..." That way most of my stuff ends up here!)

Wow..........there are some angry people here today.

Bit of a trivial thing to be getting upset about:dk:

Sorry for not knowing his complete reg. no. and using that in my post. If it makes you happier and more able to understand a straightforward suggestion, I'll change my response to:

Does that make it easier to understand? Sorry for only posting half a post when I should have prepared a long and labourious response instead of simply suggesting preceding the specific details of his registration number with the words "It's a private plate:". ;)

Calm down...you'll do yourself a mischief.

'aitch.

A recent drive took me through 'Ounslow, 'Eathrow, 'Ayes, 'Arlington, 'Illingdon and 'Arrer. Just think of all the money that could have been saved over the years by using shorter signs.

Is 'Eathrow anywhere near 'Eafrow? And why leave out wonderful 'Anwell (where I spent the first 21 years of my life), posher 'Atch End (where I spent another 19 years), and the not so salubrious 'Armondsworf?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom