Annoying squeak from rear interior on c63 facelift coupe

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rs67

Car
c63
I've got this rather annoying squeaking sounding coming from somewhere in the rear interior of the car whenever I drive over uneven surfaces. Obviously I can't hop in the back to check what it is while I'm driving and I haven't had the opportunity yet to put someone else in the back.

Anyone had a similar sound and could give suggestions as to what might be causing it? Possibly where the rear fold down seat back clips into the body?

Not experienced this in mine so far.

You could try wiping the leather sides which may rub with some leather cleaner, this trick has cured other squeaks.

Also make sure the rear seats are properly locked, needs more than a gentle push.

So the poor build quality from Mercedes is not limited to the A35, my car interior is full of rattles, creaks and squeaks.

I've got this rather annoying squeaking sounding coming from somewhere in the rear interior of the car whenever I drive over uneven surfaces. Obviously I can't hop in the back to check what it is while I'm driving and I haven't had the opportunity yet to put someone else in the back.

Anyone had a similar sound and could give suggestions as to what might be causing it? Possibly where the rear fold down seat back clips into the body?

Do you have the pan roof? Sometimes they can rattle and sound like its coming from the back seat area. If you do, try raising it up, but not opening it fully and see if it still occurs.

As already mentioned, sometimes the seat isn't locked in properly if put down, they need a good heavy push to lock. Other times, ive found the belt buckle to be rattling when in an awkward position after others have sat in the rear

Do you have the pan roof? Sometimes they can rattle and sound like its coming from the back seat area. If you do, try raising it up, but not opening it fully and see if it still occurs.

As already mentioned, sometimes the seat isn't locked in properly if put down, they need a good heavy push to lock. Other times, ive found the belt buckle to be rattling when in an awkward position after others have sat in the rear

Thanks, I'll try these. I get unreasonably irritated by these noises so I'd love to track them down and eliminate them

If you really want to know about squeaks and rattles in the 205, check the other forum. All I can say is the 205 is bred with them in. It's part of the 205 DNA...

Was getting similar rattles in w205 C43 - seemed like from the rear seats or the rear shelf, in the end it proved to be the sunroof. As rayaans mentioned above - if the sunroof was in the semi-opened position the rattles were gone.
A good few meters of felt tape sorted the problem in my case completely (after the dealership failed to address it on numerous occasions). Now I am just left with several others minor squeaks and rattles - but the one from the roof was definitely the most annoying.

Was getting similar rattles in w205 C43 - seemed like from the rear seats or the rear shelf, in the end it proved to be the sunroof. As rayaans mentioned above - if the sunroof was in the semi-opened position the rattles were gone.
A good few meters of felt tape sorted the problem in my case completely (after the dealership failed to address it on numerous occasions). Now I am just left with several others minor squeaks and rattles - but the one from the roof was definitely the most annoying.

My W204 was completely silent until the panoramic roof motor went. Under warranty so they took everything off and changed it, but since, its been rattling on and off depending on temperature

Where did you put the the felt tape? Might try it because knowing Merc, they'd want me to sign the form which says "if we can't find an issue, you'll pay £144 diagnostic fee" lol

Couldn’t tell you, can’t hear anything over the engine!

My W204 was completely silent until the panoramic roof motor went. Under warranty so they took everything off and changed it, but since, its been rattling on and off depending on temperature
Where did you put the the felt tape? Might try it because knowing Merc, they'd want me to sign the form which says "if we can't find an issue, you'll pay £144 diagnostic fee" lol

I put it wherever I could. From the rear side of the roof, there is of layer of hard plastic which is separating the glass roof from the retractable sunshade. I believe it was a part of this plastic layer that was rattling against the glass. So just cover with felt tape as much of it as you can reach. I did put some more tape directly on the glass - in places where it might be touching that plastic too.

I eventually had this fixed by the dealer. It was a metal bracket under the body panel on the left side in the boot that hadn't been fastened down correctly. Now it's blissfully silent

sorry to ask, you say facelift, is it 204 or 205?

ahh, got ya, had the answers for a 204.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom