Annoying wipers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mylo

Car
CLK 230K
I've only had a Merc for a a few weeks and today was the first batch of heavy rain. Had the wipers on 2 setting and was happily driving along until I stopped at the lights.

The wipers also stopped. Thought this was a problem until I realised after a few stops that the wipers stop when I stop and start again when I pull off.

Really annoying, because the rain was so heavy, I couldn't see a thing when I pulled off from the lights.

Can I turn this off?

Do you have automatic wipers? Cant remember if they were available for the W208. If it has then use position 1 and they will go to intermittent/rain dependent when you stop. If you have normal wipers then this is just how they are and I dont think can be changed

No, not automatic. Just normal.
Pulling off at the lights having 10% visiblity, anything could have been crossing in front of my car.

No, not automatic. Just normal.
Pulling off at the lights having 10% visiblity, anything could have been crossing in front of my car.

Well no need to do that! Surely pushing the stalk inwards will advance the wipers? Also changing the speed up will surely put them on too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom