annoyone know the name of CLK (208) alloys?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alfie

Authorised Forum Sponsor
SUPPORTER
Car
W169 A, W205 C, R172 SLC, W447 vantastic
I am interested in obtaining a set of genuine Mercedes alloys to replace the 'elegance' ones I have. Now according to the w208 price list there were some 'upgrade' alloys available (non AMG) for circa £310. Does anyone know the exact name of the alloys or the ones fitted to the last edition CLK's that were around?

I've seen some really good looking ones at Murray systems but am keen to get the exact ones that were on offer at the time of construction/order.

Any help greatly appreciated.

One of the things on my 'to do' list is go around some dealers and write down the wheel names for different trim specs/model years. I did some research on the MB approved used site, and autotrader online adverts. It's difficult to know what people search by when they want to buy new wheels. I'm sure that it isn't the name or the option code - it is more likely the trim level and size.. anyway:
W208/C208 2000 CLK320 Avantgarde Mirzam.
Which wheels were you considering? Maybe I could email a link with the trim level and model, and a car with the wheels on..

Murray Systems said:
One of the things on my 'to do' list is go around some dealers and write down the wheel names for different trim specs/model years. I did some research on the MB approved used site, and autotrader online adverts. It's difficult to know what people search by when they want to buy new wheels. I'm sure that it isn't the name or the option code - it is more likely the trim level and size.. anyway:
W208/C208 2000 CLK320 Avantgarde Mirzam.
Which wheels were you considering? Maybe I could email a link with the trim level and model, and a car with the wheels on..

Thanks for the reply. The ones I would ideally like are the five spoke type on the last edition CLK's. There are one or two listed on the Mercedes Benz used car search engine but I dont seem to be able to get a direct link. That said, there is one listed under Mercedes of stratford. http://www.mercedes-benzofstratford-upon-avon.co.uk/.

If not these then the genuine Avantgarde wheels from a 2001 model would suffice.

Thanks for your help

If they are the wheels that I think you are talking about, they are very prone to kerbing due to the way the spokes come out from the surface of the wheel.

Don't know if this will effect or bother you, just thought i'd mention it.

Regards

Tan

My Mirzams (see gallery) are standard W208 wheels and I love em and they are easy to clean!

Murray Systems said:
The Alhena are 17" only and would be a bit more because they are very popular for the W210.
mmm...Alhena :D
202alhena597.jpg

And there's a case to prove that even wheels not listed by Mercedes for a particular model can look great and work perfectly well..

Murray Systems said:
And there's a case to prove that even wheels not listed by Mercedes for a particular model can look great and work perfectly well..
It's a photoshop pic, my car with wheel pics courtesy of PeterChurch. They *are* listed in the wheel catalogue as being ok for W202 fitment. I really ought to start ringing up stealerships for prices :)

Murray Systems said:
I'll include shipping for free on this set at £395 http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=72254&item=7973354137&tc=photo
We don't have them in 16". The Alhena are 17" only and would be a bit more because they are very popular for the W210.

Chris,

Thanks, problem I have is that my tyres on the 'Elegance' wheels are about 1 month old and I dont want to have to buy new tyres. So its got to be 16" i'm afraid. Can you get the avantgarde ones in 16"? if so whats the cost? I've seen a few on eBay but they are all second hand and/or miles away from me.

Cheers,

that's a bit cheeky :)
I don't have them specifically listed for W202, but they are of course fine. There is also a similar design in 17x8 called Sador for the R129

Alfie..
16" Mirzam? We don't have many requests for these, so I would only get some to fulfil your order.

Murray Systems said:
Alfie..
16" Mirzam? We don't have many requests for these, so I would only get some to fulfil your order.

Whats the price?

Thanks.

R2D2 said:

Greg,

Thanks. I have them on my 'watching' list already. I emailed the seller and he has said there are no scuffs but all of them have the lacquer peeling off and could all do with a total refurb! Not sure what that is likely to cost myself! If they stay at that sort of price though they might be worth it. That said, I'm a bit dubious about buying wheels on eBay from private sellers as if one does have a crack or is in some way faulty which isnt obvious, then it could be fatal! I'd rather buy from murray-systems (If they let me have the price!) as they seem to sell new and look very professional.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom