Annual Pilgrimage time

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Two Lancashire boys setting out at 0500hrs. Heading south for the big day. You got "incoming" glojo.

Hope you all have a fantastic time. I am sooooo pi**ed off that we cannot make it. Please keep Scumbag in order :D

Now where's the fun in that? :) :)

Just about to set off, clear blue skies. John's sun dance has worked again!!

On our way. On phone in car (dont worry Allison is driving!). See you all soon

Nearly ready. Just seen the weather forecast - cloud moving across by lunchtime:eek: John, get dancing.

Have a great day all, especially the gracious hosts.

Just got back from Torquay, 540 miles round trip today and well worth the drive :)

As usual hosts were charming and the company very pleasant.
Good to see the old faces and some new ones, my only regret is that we couldn't stay tonight due to other commitments tomorrow morning. Good effort from *** whose first leg of the trip was almost the same distance as my round trip and that was far enough!

Many thanks to John, Gloria, family and helpers for a great day

Mark & Allison

It was my first time on the "Pilgrimage" run. It was excellent to meet so many people I only know by "posts" To see people in the flesh, shake a hand or two, listen to real live voices and check out enthusiam for life, both involving Mercedes or not was an education. ***, mega trip down for you buddy, sorry that Sassenach lassie had to introduce herself to you by way of a points system, brings a whole new meaning to "speed dating!!"
John and family. What can I say, true exponents of friends through a forum. Warm and hearty welcome, good food, good company and the location and vista - could never be beat. Oh and an Italian Tune Up - there and back - in my 124 300D. It now runs really, really well, if somewhat louder than when we set out. Off to 124 Works for a wee bit of welding next week sometime. Great to see everyone. Thank you again John and family.

Trapperjohn and I returned safely at about 8ish (just have to fix that exhaust :doh:) It was good to see old and new faces. *** is a nice guy and has a new chat up line for the ladies in blue :rolleyes:. Nice to meet you (got to go up to a heathen err Scottish GTG soon :thumb:). As usual Gloria excelled herself and a VERY big thanks to her from me for all the hard work she puts into this event. Remind me next time not to arrive early as you are met with a Kripton Factor challenge aka Gazebo :D. Nice to see you in good health John, long may it last.

Last edited:
Add my thanks to the list. John, you're a top man :thumb:

Many thanks John, Gloria et al for your very warm welcome as always.

It was delightful to see you all again...

Had a great time on the evening too :)

:D

I'd like to add my thanks to those above. Great to see you all again.

We are just soooo pleased that folsk enjoyed themselves and I endorse everything that has already been said about ***... What a star :)

I will be passing on all the thanks to the boss who has also asked me to thank folks for the gifts :)

MANY THANKS :)

Just got back myself. Had a lovely drive back via Teignmouth, stopping at a country pub for a large lunch :)

Good to see some new/old faces. Becky enjoyed herself and was amazed that she didn't have to stand in a car park looking at cars ;) Thanks John and family as ever for a great spread and sundance!

Splang- I hope you didn't cane it through the SPECS as planned- I did notice that half of the cameras were turned around to capture bikers' rear numberplates! :eek:

Managed a frankly dazzling 33mpg on the way back too :D

I made it home.

Thanks to John and Mrs John, specifically for the limo express from the Airport both ways. Will have to think of a better way to say thanks.

Nice to see a few new faces (and a big + to *** for the trip) and nice to see a few familiar faces too. Ian, you don't look your age.

I have agood couple of evenings with all that came, on top of the day itself.

Carrot.....you don't want to lose her, shes a good one, but perhaps needs to see the joy that can be had by standing in a cold damp car park, looking at bits and peices of cars.

Then again, maybe she would prefer a ride in the C63 (TrollMobile) when I finally get enough courage to ask the bloke down the road to lend me his for a picture or 2 and pass it off as mine.....:doh:

Thats me in. No tickets on the way up. Thanks to John and family for laying on a cracking weekend and was fun to catch up with everyone. I did head over to Teignmouth and enjoyed the run very much :thumb:

Roll on Torquay 2010

I noticed those - did get me thinking.

Alright, I admit it, it was me... I was so annoyed about those bendy buses that I told them to do it to catch Boris out ;):D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom