Annual Pilgrimage time

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I might be sent a pic within a fortnight it sounds like -from the road 'safety' partnership!!

Nah! I noticed the cameras turned around as well so slowed appropriately to 2mph so my average speed was low enough as I finally went through...caused a 20 car pile up but at least my average speed was low and therefore I must be a safer driver :devil::devil:

:bannana:

I know people have and make friends on the forum, but an "event" thread that consists purely of a build up and planning, then thanks and graces without so much as a few pics, be it cars or members is a bit of a non-event for the forum don't you think? Sounds more and more like a private party.

I know what you mean Graham, but there were new members who went along too.
It sounds as if everyone had a lovely time, so even though I didn't go, I'm happy for them.
So the forum and this thread has done a good job bring people and their car's together.

Let's hope for some photos next year :)

Can't say I've seen any pics from regular NW GTGs either; and since when did pictures be a forum requisite for a GTG? Sounds like a pointless dig from a moderator; I guess you could have gone yourself as a formal photographer?

You do come out with some class posts Graham! :D

we always take pics at our GTG's in Scotland :ban:

I think I should offer my services as an official GTG photoman; I'm sure I could offer discounts for my services?

Can't say I've seen any pics from regular NW GTGs either; and since when did pictures be a forum requisite for a GTG? Sounds like a pointless dig from a moderator; I guess you could have gone yourself as a formal photographer?

+1.

IMHO negativity abounds in some areas... :eek:

plenty of photos from scottish meets. i think its useful as it encourages people to attend the next ones and see exactly what they have missed. its also a way of putting faces to names without being there.

I attempted to take photos but my camera wasn't working and wasn't reading the memory stick :(

I know the thread would be more interesting to those who didn't go if there were pics - but take my word for it, it was a cracking meet, John and his family couldn't have done more to make you feel more welcome, and the meal afters (and the super strenght cider was) was good.

I know people have and make friends on the forum, but an "event" thread that consists purely of a build up and planning, then thanks and graces without so much as a few pics, be it cars or members is a bit of a non-event for the forum don't you think? Sounds more and more like a private party.

I took my camera and fully intended to take pictures as I did last year
Unfortunately I was having a really good time, eating good food, catching up with people and meeting new faces and I just didn't have time to get the Canon out of its rucksack

My apologies to all concerned and I wont make the same mistake next time :D

Can't say I've seen any pics from regular NW GTGs either...
True but the GTGs are all 8pm-11pm (in the overcast, industrial and "grim" North!) so lighting is rarely good enough for pics.

Is that cos all the flash guns been turned into tasers to fend off the unwashed? :D

Sounds like a pointless dig from a moderator; I guess you could have gone yourself as a formal photographer?

I think you have summed up my feelings perfectly and this is why I have decided that enough is enough :)

The invite for this event is posted in the Events thread usually about EIGHT MONTHS BEFORE THE EVENT

EVERYONE, but everyone is invited and hopefully those that attend were all made to feel welcome?

WHERE DOES IT EVEN HINT THAT THIS WAS A PRIVATE PARTY?????

I am tired of the sarcasm and I am even more tired of the immature folks that think it clever to thank those that continually make these sarcastic remarks, my family puts in a lot of time and effort to make sure folks enjoy thmselves and this year my wife even purchased a big tent thingie just in case my sun dance failed, and I do not appreciate the silly remarks from a senior member of the moderating staff. It is out of order!

Those Mercedes-Benz forum members that were kind enough to attend this forum GTG.......... will know that my family ALL help out to make this a pleasant event and last night my daughter logged onto this public access location and was surprised to read this negative post. I explained to her that there are folks that enjoy being critical and these folks usually have never attended these parties that she has always helped to organise.

Well done for beind so consistant with the negative comment and thank you Robert for the support.

Thes GTG's really highlight the good points about this forum and sadly some posts always highlight the bad things about this forum.

I will miss the friends I have made but I will certainly not miss the sarcasm

wish i never asked for pics now :eek: :doh:

i hope you do another next year John - i'd love to travel down and planned to this time but couldnt match the date with other holiday plans we had.

please stick around. :thumb:

I am staying around to monitor this thread...

You asked a very fair question and one that I have asked on numerous occassions when folks have a GTG. Mark300SL is the best photographer I know, he has regularly taken pictures of our private gatherings and had his camera with him this wek-end... Perhaps the 'Private Party' signs detered him from taking pictures :(:(

It would have been nice to meet up with you but trust me when I say that *** was the perfect ambassador for you guys and gals North of the border. :)

What a great pity that his attitude did not impress the lady in blue :(

Apologies for never having made this event, despite talking to glojo on more than one occasion via phone and numerous messages!

Next year John - I promise I'll make it. Would be lovely to meet you and the family in person.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom