Another 1 of 12 W124 E60 AMG

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Interesting on a few points.

I've never seen an interior like that - customized or factory i wonder?

Suspension is on stilts so there's something rather wrong there.. did the E60 also have Porche designed suspension setup?

The wheels look odd - they look slightly different than the ones on your old E500?

Interior is factory...
The Limited had contrasting sections in an avant garde pattern in red, green, blue, or purple/gray...

Ed A.

Suspension is on stilts so there's something rather wrong there.. did the E60 also have Porche designed suspension setup?

The wheels look odd - they look slightly different than the ones on your old E500?

Limited interior came in 3 variations: as attached

Here's the main difference in spec (HWA part ) with 957 code on datacard:

HWA 6.0 liter engine displacement with AMG-specific block, camshafts, heads, intake manifold, crank, piston, rods
HWA LH-unit (AMG-specific)
HWA EZL (AMG-specific)
HWA Transmission valve body (AMG-specific)
HWA sport suspension (struts, springs, 30mm front sway bar)
Airbox with AMG logo
Spark plugs - Bosch F7DCO, Beru 14F-7 DUO, Champion C9 JCC, NGK BCP6ES

Suspension look stock to me which is always nose heavy, especially with an empty tank. Hence some owners lower the rear ride height..( been tellin Marcin he should lower his a few mms, but i think he's forget how to? :crazy:) Or it could be SLS failure which is not unusual.

Wheels same , High Sheen polish Ceginus EVO II rims. Might be because centre caps are just standard ones?

Attachments

• gr_e_500_limited_ grey.jpg
    gr_e_500_limited_ grey.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 43
  • limited green.jpg
    limited green.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 43
  • limited red.png
    limited red.png
    91.4 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
As if I'd know. :):)

I think you may need to call Brabus on that one there Vlad....

250k EUR for the Brabus

That brabus is not for sale, it says "restoration sample". so you've got to get cheapest 500 you can find and send it to brabus and 250k EURO later you will have one of it's kind.

As far as I know they won't even restore as there's no parts available for the resto. Some offered a sum way above 250k Euros for it and were told it's not for sale. Go figure.

When I spoke to them that car is 250k EUR. I can't imagine anyone stumping up that sort of cash for a W124. Plus there are plenty of rare Mercs you can buy plus an E60 and still have change left with 250k!

That Brabus is a company owner's car and was built not restored. Not a single used part went into its assembly, including the chassis. I've heard of at least 2 people who offered more than the asking price and both offers were turned down. First offer started with 3, second with 4. Personally, I don't see the appeal in W124 (it's W140 for me) but for those who offered such money it was apparently worth it.

Last edited:
I love the W124. Esp the 500E/E60 due to the involvement with Porsche and mean stance.

how much restoration would there be on 252km car ???

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom