Another Another New Memeber - C63

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi all, brand new to the forum.

Just bought my first AMG today, a late 2019 very low mileage C63 premium plus saloon.

Absolutely loved the test drive and can't wait to collect it. First drive of an AMG product and I was really impressed.

Had V8's in the past (currently have a Maserati 4200 aswell) but this particular itch is one I've wanted to scratch for years.

Cheers

Nick
Nice 👍🏼 another saloon you won’t be disappointed

Thanks for the warm welcome. Been trying to register on the forum for weeks to try and seek guidance etc but could never get authorised for some unknown reason.

Regarding the car, the only option I wish it had is the HUD, as I find them so useful, but so few are specced that way and the ones that are, are well beyond my means or compromised in other areas.

It's going to be my long term motor and it was more important to me that I got a low mile, facelift, premium plus and from a main dealer (warranty).
Never seen what the facelift HUD but if it’s the same as the pre facelift I think it looks rubbish to be honest

Damn, sorry for the delay OP, not long now before you're driving the beast

I really liked the HUD, used to either use the NAV or revs on the HUD, the standard mode was pants. Took me a while to get used to not having the HUD or distronic especially which was fabulous once I got rid of the car

Damn, sorry for the delay OP, not long now before you're driving the beast

I really liked the HUD, used to either use the NAV or revs on the HUD, the standard mode was pants. Took me a while to get used to not having the HUD or distronic especially which was fabulous once I got rid of the car
I'm so used to a hud, but beggars can't be choosers and the car overall is superb. I keep looking at autotrader and there's not one other car I'd buy from a main dealer that is in my budget. Most of them far exceed my reach.

I'm so used to a hud, but beggars can't be choosers and the car overall is superb. I keep looking at autotrader and there's not one other car I'd buy from a main dealer that is in my budget. Most of them far exceed my reach.
You're lucky you got a dealer who actually knows these cars, which dealer did you buy from if you don't mind me asking? When I was buying my C63, I called lots of dealers and not one of them gave me any confidence they knew anything about the cars they were selling.

Inchcape Loughborough. They had a C63s coupe and my C63 saloon so I could compare.

I was not impressed with the interior of the coupe. Not a fan of the dinamica (on the doors especially) it looked tatty and grubby, but each to their own.

I ideally would also have liked carbon, but as it doesn't extend onto the door cards, I think IMHO the open pore wood looks nice.

There's only one other car I'd have considered (at inchcape liverpool) but I didn't want black and I'm again not a fan of the trim.

I'm a fan of the wood finish (no pun intended but please feel free to inform my wife just in case as she doesn't seem to realise ), I specced that on the car I had built in 2018

just like you, beggars can't be choosers, I was partly ignorant not to check whether the rear seats fold over on the e63s w212 i bought... they don't... worse , whoever bought that overpriced car didn't even have dynamic seats or distronic which i really wanted but had to make do without. At least the car had a 360 camera

360 cam and pan roof was an absolute must. The hud wasn't an expensive option, nor distronic really, its got everything else, so I'm surprised they didn't tick those boxes. I love the alloys and night pack.

As you may have gathered, my new to me, 2019 C63 (semi skimmed) has finally been collected and now sits proudly on my drive.

Literally couldn't stop smiling from the moment the sheet was pulled back.

Although I missed a few cosmetic blemishes (only saw it in the rain before) I absolutely love it.

Installed my dashcam yesterday which I've got setup to monitor whilst parked aswell (obd powered with 12v cutoff).

Signed up for 3 years Mercedes Me remote package. This was a must for me, as I used it to track our friends GLB when it was stolen. Also I'm surprised it allows me to unlock the car and control the windows and sunroof etc didn't think it would on a 2019.... snazzy lol

I've read the sound system isn't a true Burmester, well it will do for me... I'm a musician, but no audiophile, but it sounds crystal clear and powerful.

Love how customizable the cockpit is and the 360 cams excellent.

9th gear 1500 rpm on the motorway, its refined and smooth... ideal for me.

Just love it

As you may have gathered, my new to me, 2019 C63 (semi skimmed) has finally been collected and now sits proudly on my drive.

Although I missed a few cosmetic blemishes (only saw it in the rain before) I absolutely love it.

Installed my dashcam yesterday which I've got setup to monitor whilst parked aswell (obd powered with 12v cutoff).

Signed up for 3 years Mercedes Me remote package. This was a must for me, as I used it to track our friends GLB when it was stolen. Also I'm surprised it allows me to unlock the car and control the windows and sunroof etc didn't think it would on a 2019.... snazzy lol

I've read the sound system isn't a true Burmester, well it will do for me... I'm a musician, but no audiophile, but it sounds crystal clear and powerful.

Just love it
I’m not wholly sure you can control your windows or sunroof from the app - have you actually tried?

Definitely can’t do it on my 2018 E63S and I have almost all the options on MM enabled….its my understanding they’ll close on their own if you leave them open and it starts raining (although I’ve personally never tested that), but that’s about it for ‘remote’ operation.

Just love it
Glad you like the car!

I’m not wholly sure you can control your windows or sunroof from the app - have you actually tried?

Definitely can’t do it on my 2018 E63S and I have almost all the options on MM enabled….its my understanding they’ll close on their own if you leave them open and it starts raining (although I’ve personally never tested that), but that’s about it for ‘remote’ operation.
I assumed as the option was added after i bought the remote key upgrade, that it would work. I've not tried yet, I was only really interested in the tracking feature.

I didn't risk taking it to work this time, the multistorey there is the destroyer of alloys and I didn't fancy impacting a kerb immediately lol

The other car park at my primary work location is much better, so next trip will be in the C63.

I assumed as the option was added after i bought the remote key upgrade, that it would work. I've not tried yet, I was only really interested in the tracking feature.
Yeah, you’ll find that you can lock and unlock the doors and see the status of other doors/boot/bonnet etc but not control them. Pretty sure it’s EU regs to thank for that.

Same reason the easy entry/exit function only moves the steering wheel theee days and not the drivers seat ☹️

Yeah, you’ll find that you can lock and unlock the doors and see the status of other doors/boot/bonnet etc but not control them. Pretty sure it’s EU regs to thank for that.

Same reason the easy entry/exit function only moves the steering wheel theee days and not the drivers seat ☹️
The same eu regs that dictate the implementation of speed limit recognition and will ultimately stop the car exceeding them....

It's just dangerous. The number of times cars read the wrong speed limit etc (off the back of lorries etc)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Nick get your exhaust done, check this out ... makes me miss my 205 a hell of a lot

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Nick get your exhaust done, check this out ... makes me miss my 205 a hell of a lot
My 204 with the akrapovic is naughty :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom