Another Another New Memeber - C63

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Bummer....glad I don't use finance!! 😄 Could not have a car that I could not play with! I wonder if out here in the real world anyone has ever told them?...I've never heard of it. Could only ever be an issue if repossessed.
It's happened with a YouTuber and his M4, but he was being stupid putting hybrid turbos on etc and flaunting it online. BMW finance were seriously unimpressed.

Ultimately I think if you're sensible, they won't be bothered. Private reg etc will not be an issue I'm sure.

My mindset is, don't abuse the car, only do things that can be easily reversed.

Dash cam / ghost etc

In 5 years when the car is mine, I might look at squeezing a touch more power out of it / add an akrapovic or similar.

As long as he pays all his payments on time I'm surprised they care......if its repossessed then its a different story and they could then come after him for the difference in its real value compared to what the same stock car would have got....but that can happen anyway....mods or not, if you don't look after the car and its never been serviced or covered in dents and scratches when its collected back.

As long as he pays all his payments on time I'm surprised they care......if its repossessed then its a different story and they could then come after him for the difference in its real value compared to what the same stock car would have got....but that can happen anyway....mods or not, if you don't look after the car and its never been serviced or covered in dents and scratches when its collected back.
I can't remember the exact story, but it's well covered online. He did serious mods and BMW finance came after him to pay the car off immediately or similar.

I think he was a bit of an idiot thinking he could get away with it etc it's their asset and in their eyes he's depreciating / abusing it. I get it tbf.

Of course they care, it’s an asset that belongs to them?? If I borrowed your car for 3 years, wrecked it with mods and then passed it back to you in that state, I’m sure you’d be none to happy about it too.

True....but in the case of @NickW205C63 hes on HP....not PCP....so its not going back to the finance house. I have no idea if the Youtuber was on HP or PCP......but probably PCP in which case yes I completely agree.

I can't remember the exact story, but it's well covered online. He did serious mods and BMW finance came after him to pay the car off immediately or similar.

I think he was a bit of an idiot thinking he could get away with it etc it's their asset and in their eyes he's depreciating / abusing it. I get it tbf.
It was exactly what you say. LLF on YT. He started modifying his car and BMW FS said that he breached terms of his agreement and forced him to pay off balance straight away. He tuned it more of course and then raffled it off.

True....but in the case of @NickW205C63 hes on HP....not PCP....so its not going back to the finance house. I have no idea if the Youtuber was on HP or PCP......but probably PCP in which case yes I completely agree.
It's true, but hypothetically, what if I modified the car, then defaulted on the payments? They recover their asset but it would potentially be worth less on the market.

It was exactly what you say. LLF on YT. He started modifying his car and BMW FS said that he breached terms of his agreement and forced him to pay off balance straight away. He tuned it more of course and then raffled it off.
That's the bloke.

That's the bloke.
He didn't go too far tbh. His channel has been stagnating since covide times. Wasted opportunity.

Anyway, glad you're enjoying your car! I remember how scared I was of 3rd gear as it unleashed all the power and got you into triple digit speeds before you realise what's going on.

It's true, but hypothetically, what if I modified the car, then defaulted on the payments? They recover their asset but it would potentially be worth less on the market.
They will come after you for the difference ....see my post above. No 62.

Tomorrow brings my first commute down to the capital in the 63.

Full tank of fuel ready to go, looking forward to it 😀

Only thing I've noticed is I'm struggling to get my left leg comfy. It was really uncomfortable on one drive, I've adjusted the seat so hope for the best.

Only thing I've noticed is I'm struggling to get my left leg comfy. It was really uncomfortable on one drive, I've adjusted the seat so hope for the best.
if you need to travel into congestion charge zone, you can pay ahead of time and it will be £2 cheaper if my memory serves me right

So Ghost installed. The installer (regarded the best) spotted straight away my dash didn't look right.

Turns out the drivers display cluster wasn't installed properly, it was just loosely housed. Somebody has had it out in the past .... but why?

Turns out it's still got a Vodafone tracker, badly installed. He was worried about potential mileage blockers etc originally.

How the dealer didn't spot this during their inspections I don't know.

All now reinstalled properly.

I've messaged the supplying dealer.... 😤

I recall i had to get used to resting my left leg against the left side of the footwell. It is lined and softish but it is narrow. I got used to it after a while. The gear shifter was the other quirk haha. Took me a while to get used to that 😆

Its shocking how little of an effort so many dealers will put into getting a car ready for sale. I always thought i'd better get a professional to look at a car before buying it but coordinating that can be tricky.

I recall i had to get used to resting my left leg against the left side of the footwell. It is lined and softish but it is narrow. I got used to it after a while. The gear shifter was the other quirk haha. Took me a while to get used to that 😆

Its shocking how little of an effort so many dealers will put into getting a car ready for sale. I always thought i'd better get a professional to look at a car before buying it but coordinating that can be tricky.
I've not been impressed with either Mercedes dealer we've dealt with.

I don't know what their pre handover checks involve, but my dad's car had numerous faults and obviously mine has now had this.

I may have mentioned the condition of my dad's S class when we picked it up, shocking.

This engine is ridiculous. 37.6mpg down the m1 today. Arrived at Heathrow with 380 miles of theoretical range left. Incredible really.
There's no such thing as the complete engi...

It's literally got everything. Low emissions so the road tax isn't tear inducing (on older models that dont have the ridiculous surplus), fast revving , superb sounding , amazing fuel economy and seems very reliable too.
The new Aston DB12 is putting out 670hp from a modified dry sump variant. Crazy numbers for a 4l.

There's no such thing as the complete engi...

It's literally got everything. Low emissions so the road tax isn't tear inducing (on older models that dont have the ridiculous surplus), fast revving , superb sounding , amazing fuel economy and seems very reliable too.
The new Aston DB12 is putting out 670hp from a modified dry sump variant. Crazy numbers for a 4l.
The DB12 is stunning.

This engine is ridiculous. 37.6mpg down the m1 today. Arrived at Heathrow with 380 miles of theoretical range left. Incredible really.
That's just...crazy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom