Another Another New Memeber - C63

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I reckon I've got a few AMG and V8 badges off ebay on my car. It's really a 4 pot 1.3 😄
I think you should look to improve that paltry 37mpg. My e93 m3 was delivering me 27.7mpg on Sunday which albeit was fortuitous as I had to stop on the m40 hard shoulder and the trip computer reset itself as I needed to jump start the car, but if you want to impress me you'll need to get 40mph out of your 4 pot 1.3 😅

Regarding left leg when cruising - you can buy a specific W205 dead pedal to protect the carpet on eBay.

I got mine from a guy in Australia, on eBay for about £40 and it uses small adhesive pads so is removable.

The cheaper ones looked not great when I was looking.

Why Merc didn’t fit one as standard no idea, not exactly costly!

OK this is getting ridiculous... 39.7mpg on the run home today. Yes the roadworks are helping, but what an engine. That's on Tesco momentum.

You do realise what that pedal on the right is for 🤣🤣
When you've been up 36 hrs straight, rwd and 470bhp is an ideal combo for the drive home 😅

I definitely enjoy the overtakes and accelerating out of the roadworks, but I don't go above 70, just no point.

Not had chance to go out on a b road blast yet, as I'm working flat out and the weathers been so bad.

Adore this car.

OK this is getting ridiculous... 39.7mpg on the run home today. Yes the roadworks are helping, but what an engine. That's on Tesco momentum.
Well done.
I just did a 260 mile round trip in a S204 1.6 Kompressor and could only manage 35.4mpg.
Averaging just 50mph too.

I'm not even trying to be frugal. The engine isn't properly warm by the time I hit the M1, so I just ( gently) get upto speed and set cruise.

Occasional blip under bridges etc (obviously) and then stick in sport + for the last 7 miles once off the M1.

I don't do much urban driving at all.

£47 for my 274 mile return trip.

Regarding left leg when cruising - you can buy a specific W205 dead pedal to protect the carpet on eBay.

I got mine from a guy in Australia, on eBay for about £40 and it uses small adhesive pads so is removable.

The cheaper ones looked not great when I was looking.

Why Merc didn’t fit one as standard no idea, not exactly costly!
Thanks for pointing this out. Just ordered one off that certain online auction place 👌

Im now on the look out for a W205 C63s coupe pre FL now the jag has gone 🙂
Prefacelift because of the sound or price ? The facelift s is literally the perfect car (estate that is) but design wise the coupe is stunning especially the matt paint

Prefacelift because of the sound or price ? The facelift s is literally the perfect car (estate that is) but design wise the coupe is stunning especially the matt paint
I previously liked the coupe, but now, I'm a saloon fan.

Estate would have been ideal, but not many around.

Got to be pre FL for sound alone ASR valve stimulators is the 1st and only thing ill do to it ,id like to experience the difference if any between coupe and saloon 🙂

I think the couple is better looking, but the saloon far more practical if you have kids or need the back seats regularly.
The estate is a great load lugger and so handy for those trips to get rid of stuff.

my old c63s estate is on sale again. 49k miles, premium plus, 360 cam, HUD display, wood ash, night pack, performance exhaust, distronic etc, had all options except carbon ceramic, brakes and carbon fibre and didnt bother with delimiting top speed . feb 2018 model. im tempted to buy it back!

Basically the same spec as my old C63 saloon I sold that with 33k miles I think ill be hard pushed to better it especially after the video ive just received from an auto trader add ,he's definitely NOT having my money 🙂

Also the 1 I've just hpi checked is saying £190 road tax that doesn't sound right
2017 C63s coupe

Yes but FL has OPF my dec 16 was £385 🤔

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom