Another Another New Memeber - C63

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
It went down to £190 to all ICE cars registered after 1st April 2017..... but you have to pay luxury car tax on all cars with a list price of over 40k for the first five years on top of that. That adds £410 per year.. so £500 in total. Unlike the pre April 2017 prices, emissions only affect the price the first time its taxed....so only when its registered as a brand new car

It went down to £190 to all ICE cars registered after 1st April 2017..... but you have to pay luxury car tax on all cars with a list price of over 40k for the first five years on top of that. That adds £410 per year.. so £500 in total. Unlike the pre April 2017 prices, emissions only affect the price the first time its taxed....so only when its registered as a brand new car
Even worse than that, Alfa. It's £600 😱

Quick question not sure where to post this i viewed a 2017 C63 coupe today absolutely stunning ,on opening the bonnet behind the passenger side headlight there is 2 small look like solinoids of some sort which tick I never noticed them on my sallon is this normal the car still has AMG warranty and has just had a service and check up with nothing to report any help would be appreciated Thanks

Here they are what are they for

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240508_221719_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20240508_221719_eBay.jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 11
Quick question not sure where to post this i viewed a 2017 C63 coupe today absolutely stunning ,on opening the bonnet behind the passenger side headlight there is 2 small look like solinoids of some sort which tick I never noticed them on my sallon is this normal the car still has AMG warranty and has just had a service and check up with nothing to report any help would be appreciated Thanks
They’re the fuel system purge valves. The pair on my E63 tick like mad now and then, even had a guy at a car meet tell me as he could hear them when I was idling alongside him. Loads of info online about the noise being completely normal - but also sone that say they should be silent. My car has been in for a new battery recently and the garage never commented so I’m leaving well alone!

They’re cheap and easy to fix from videos I’ve seen.

Thanks for that ive just found out what they are after abit of searching most say its normal you can't really hear them with the bonnet shut plus its just come out from a complete check up

Thanks for that ive just found out what they are after abit of searching most say its normal you can't really hear them with the bonnet shut plus its just come out from a complete check up
When they do it, mine are loud enough to hear with the bonnet shut, but you need to be near the passenger side headlight for the full effect 😂

I know it's not the S, I drove both today back to back and couldn't really tell the difference between them the seats are different in the coupe anyway so In my head I couldn't justify the £8k difference 🙂

I know it's not the S, I drove both today back to back and couldn't really tell the difference between them the seats are different in the coupe anyway so In my head I couldn't justify the £8k difference 🙂
Yeah I think you only see a difference on hard braking or cornering and with pedal to the metal where the grip starts to go, the s will be sharper on both and will put power down better but i believe the ESP is more underpant smearing on the S . The non-s should hopefully be more comfortable (18 inch and non bucket seats ) making it a better daily driver at normal speeds. The only other differences are the interior trim is better in the s with more leather, alcantara and AMG badging. Again not worth 8k price diff , the non-s seems a far better value for money proposition

Yeah I think you only see a difference on hard braking or cornering and with pedal to the metal where the grip starts to go, the s will be sharper on both and will put power down better but i believe the ESP is more underpant smearing on the S . The non-s should hopefully be more comfortable (18 inch and non bucket seats ) making it a better daily driver at normal speeds. The only other differences are the interior trim is better in the s with more leather, alcantara and AMG badging. Again not worth 8k price diff , the non-s seems a far better value for money proposition
It's on 19"wheels for now exactly the same wheel's as my saloon apart from the rears are 285 30 19 as for the seat's they are comfy but look and feel different from the saloon tbh it wipes the floor over the jag 🙂 pick it up fri see if I can get near 35mpg as the wife will be following me🤣

It's on 19"wheels for now exactly the same wheel's as my saloon apart from the rears are 285 30 19 as for the seat's they are comfy but look and feel different from the saloon tbh it wipes the floor over the jag 🙂 pick it up fri see if I can get near 35mpg as the wife will be following me🤣
Congrats on the beast !
Mate you should be aiming for 40mpg !!!
Yeah the coupe is blessed with 255 front 285 rear tyres even on 18 inch rims I recall. They're stunning cars, those coupes, they're far better looking than the saloons or estates

Congrats on the new motor. Looks a cracker.:thumb:

Just insured it £410 fixed for 3 year's 🙂

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom