Another ATF change thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rayaans

Car
C200
So Ive been going through my service receipts

I havent seen an ATF change on there whatsoever. Now the service booklet is saying 5 years or 75k miles. My car is a 2014/64 plate so the next service in February 2022 is going to be its 7th.

This car has come from a MB main dealer but just not sure how to approach this? Its currently got 30k on the clock

I havent seen an ATF change on there whatsoever. Now the service booklet is saying 5 years or 75k miles. My car is a 2014/64 plate so the next service in February 2022 is going to be its 7th.

This car has come from a MB main dealer but just not sure how to approach this? Its currently got 30k on the clock
Have you got a Service plan? If so it should be included.

If you are using an Independent ask them if they drain the Torque Convertor and oil cooler.

Does it have fmbsh, if so then that should have been done at appropriate service, unless the previous owner declined if he was using the payg service. Or the ATF schedule might have been changed by MB, I know on mine previously it was 5years/75k, but now it’s only at 75k.

Check the ESS for that car, and it should show you when it should be changed.

You could do what I did and send an email to MB UK, and ask them the schedule for the ATF change for your vehicle, they will come back to you with a confirmation, or there will be others on here who will have the knowledge for your vehicle.

If the car came from the main dealer and was advertised as full MB service history ,then they “should” do it even if it was missed or declined by the previous owner

Im pretty sure that it can be advertised as full MB history even though the additional items have been missed,im sure someone will correct me if im wrong,i viewed a few c63 stating full MB history which did have additional items missing hence I walked away 😉

Does it have fmbsh, if so then that should have been done at appropriate service, unless the previous owner declined if he was using the payg service. Or the ATF schedule might have been changed by MB, I know on mine previously it was 5years/75k, but now it’s only at 75k.

Check the ESS for that car, and it should show you when it should be changed.

You could do what I did and send an email to MB UK, and ask them the schedule for the ATF change for your vehicle, they will come back to you with a confirmation, or there will be others on here who will have the knowledge for your vehicle.

Yes so it was bought from Mercedes Newcastle. I'll send a message over to MBUK. My previous W204 had the 7gtronic and that was 5 years / 75k miles as well.

On that small mileage I very much doubt its been done, the previous owner most likely dismissed the recommended ATF service as an unnecessary expense with very few miles.
Mine was a low mileage 40,000 mile 64 plate when bought, no service record showed the ATF was changed even though it had full MB service history. MB can charge up to £400 for this and it seems optional unless under a service agreement.
My advice would be to have it done as soon as you can, the fluid that came from my 7G-tronic plus was surprisingly dirty.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Im pretty sure that it can be advertised as full MB history even though the additional items have been missed,im sure someone will correct me if im wrong,i viewed a few c63 stating full MB history which did have additional items missing hence I walked away 😉
Full MB service history doesn't mean all services were carried out on schedule. It means that all work carried out by MB was recorded in the vehicle's history.

My independent told me last year that as the car s205.242 was on 158k, it ought to have the ATF changed as he couldn't find any evidence in the electronic service record of it ever having been done. Last year I had 4 new tires and waited until last week to get the ATF changed at the next service. Having now driven the car for some time and used to its little foibles, after the change, the automatic transmission now seems much smoother particularly changing up and down in low gears 1-2-3 . So, I think it must make some difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom