Another bent Merc

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

timk

Car
VW Passat Alltrack, E39 BMW M5, Mercedes C55 AMG Wagon
Without wishing to sound too self-indulgent, it's been a slightly sh*t few weeks - and today the icing was put on my cake of woes. A suicidal pheasant stepped out in front of the W204 C-Class hire car I've been using since my accident. Travelling at 60-ish I wasn't about to swerve into oncoming traffic, so I sailed over the top of it and the Merc decapitated the feathered simpleton. A dull thud as game bird impacted expensive front bumper, and the sight of feathers spewing over the road in my rear view mirror confirmed that the poor bird was indeed a 'gonner'. Bizarrely, this all happened only half a mile away from the accident scene which killed my C43 three weeks ago (near the Air Balloon roundabout in Gloucestershire). Is this stretch of road particularly vicious, or am I just massively unlucky?!?!:wallbash::mad::(

I now need a central lower honeycomb grille for a W204 C-Class with the sport kit. Anticipating a visit to a Merc main dealer to sort it tomorrow, but if anyone has one - please PM me.

Last edited:
wouldnt your hire car insurance pay for the damage?

if you took it out that is...

I wouldn't bother getting a new grill Tim, take the hire car back as it is because they will not notice :thumb:

Them grills fit in from the inside of the bumper, so not a five minute job to fit

There is a big damage excess on it, hence finding a grille is a good option from my point of view.

Sorry to hear of your misfortune.

Pheasant that has hit by a car is not very pleasant.
However, if you dress it and leave it to hang for three or four days, it should be more than palatable. :)

Hope that helps.

Sorry to hear of your misfortune.

Pheasant that has hit by a car is not very pleasant.
However, if you dress it and leave it to hang for three or four days, it should be more than palatable. :)

Hope that helps.

At least it wasn't a peasant.

AHA

Same thing happened to me, same road.
Just got onto the 417/419 towards Swindon and as I passed the first left side layby a phesant took off but didnt get passed my E320 front grille. Big chap he was, he smashed through the front grille (didnt realise it was plastic) what a mess

Didn't you manage to get the pheasants insurance details?

No, and I my wife wouldnt cook it up for supper.

Seem to remember shelling out nearly £200 for a replacement!

Sorry to hear that Timk. In answer to your question, yes, that stretch of road is particularly vicious!

Sorry to hear that Timk. In answer to your question, yes, that stretch of road is particularly vicious!

Even before my accident I used to find that driving that particular hill up towards the Air Balloon really concentrated the mind - the closing speeds of opposing traffic is very high and there are lots of HGVs using it, not to mention impatient drivers bursting to overtake as soon as the road opens into dual carraigeway. A recipe for accidents.

Tim
You are so correct!
I've spent far too much of my life sat in traffic on that road
Martyn

Tim
You are so correct!
I've spent far too much of my life sat in traffic on that road
Martyn

Well apologies to anyone there on 11th of Feb - the tailbacks were down to my C43 being punted onto the opposite carraigeway with loads of rubberneckers gawping at my misfortune!

There must be one on eBay.

My wife did similar on her CLK recently, but I managed to pull all the meshwork out. It does all fit from the inside. Is it dented or broken?

You did the right thing, guy on boxa.net swerved to avoid a pheasant and ended up upside down in a field.

S

Was the pheasant a write off, or did it insist on being repaired regardless? :D :doh:

There must be one on eBay.

My wife did similar on her CLK recently, but I managed to pull all the meshwork out. It does all fit from the inside. Is it dented or broken?

You did the right thing, guy on boxa.net swerved to avoid a pheasant and ended up upside down in a field.

S

It's broken and in several pieces. I'm guessing glue won't fix it. If I buy one and it can only be fitted from the inside that'll kind of defeat the object as well.

But yes, I'm glad I went over it as it was an HGV coming the other way...

Was the pheasant a write off, or did it insist on being repaired regardless? :D :doh:

Not sure - I'll nip outside and ask him, he's resting inside the front bumper. And scattered around various bits of the wheelarch.

I think Nick has one , but when you click on it , it says it is for a CL class :confused:

Has a w204 part number , and is a 'bumper centre grille' so might be worth giving him a ring ...

euromercwebstore: Mercedes C-Class W204

Second column , 2/3rds way down ...

Didn't you manage to get the pheasants insurance details?

I think about 98% of those pheasants are not insured even Sheilas' Wheels
could not do cheap insurance for that kind of bird

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom