Another Brainwave.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Scott_F

MB Enthusiast
I have been sitting here wondering what would happen if I dispensed with petrol and from now on decided to fill my car's fuel tank with onions.

Would this do any harm to the engine or have I hit on an amazing new idea that would improve performance ?

I have been sitting here wondering what would happen if I dispensed with petrol and from now on decided to fill my car's fuel tank with onions.

Would this do any harm to the engine or have I hit on an amazing new idea that would improve performance ?

Bad idea. Even the best onions are only 37RON, so you will need to retard ignition by approx 40 to 53.5 degrees. This will impact performance and economy markedly.

I've found trakes a better fuel, among the highest octane edible home grown petrol. Use wildebeest or gnu dung as compost, and 85RON is just about possible.

Spanish or Spring
Red or white
Pickled (probably only for AMG as they have more bite)
Shallots

Red would only be suitable for marine or agricultural.

Onions alone would be no good, as they are not a balanced diet.
Try adding carrots cabbage and celery, with some stock, and from the gas provided it may work.:D:doh:

I really think that a small amount of meat would be required to balance it out and add some natural oils , I'm not sure what percentage but my mate stew is working it out now.

We need someone who knows their "onions" to verify this suggestion.

It's a scientific fact that the more veg you add to the tank, the cheaper it will be to fill it up with petrol.

Some major manufacturers used to offer onion-powered models- in the 70's Vauxhall had the Chivette, then in the 80's Ford introduced the Onion.

How would you get the onions in the filler pipe? You haven't thought this one out I'm afraid, how about carrots they should fit.

You'd have to get them to a fine dice, obviously.

Do keep up.

So you go to the supermarket to fill up, where are you going to dice them. On the bonnet?

Further more everyone will see you and cotton on then the price of onions will rocket

Come on at little bit of " out the box" thinking is required.

This thread is making my eyes water...

If we add cheese to the onions we would produce a golden wonder fuel.

Bored with conventional batteries in your new E-class hybrid?

I seem to remember the Innovations Catalogue used to sell a clock you could power on fruit and veg.It came with two electrodes, you put both of them into the flesh of the fuel and the clock would run.
fc2.jpg

Combined with the excelent idea of seasonal veg in the tank, replacing the batteries in your hybrid with another pile of onions you will quickly experience the warm glow of environmental friendliness!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom