Another C class that burns in Portugal!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I just did a search on Wired videos for "Fire in a sealed room" and got an advert for Mercedes C-class... :D

Last edited:
Take a look at this photo. Most of the room shows very little damage or scorching due to being a sealed room.

Once the fire is starved of oxygen the flames really die down.

SouthCoastToday.com - News - Your link to SouthCoast Massachusetts and beyond

My Mother once set fire to our kitchen by leaving something unattended and it didn't cause a lot of damage at all really.

Rather random example there Will ... :dk:

Anyway, are there any other reports from outside Portugal?

Rather random example there Will ... :dk:

It shows what happens in a fire in a closed room, there is surprisingly little damage other than the item that gets burnt.

It says enclosed not closed.... There seems a lot of smoke damage to the ceiling, can't tell elsewhere 'cos it's all glass. Still no point in debating this aspect, I think.

I have only read (here?) about this happening in to C class in Portugal, any reference elsewhere?

The point was to look at the ceiling fittings and walls, they are hardly marked other than just above the fire itself.

I once saw a Volvo 245 burn out internally but it self extinguished as it didn't break the glass.

I once saw a Volvo 245 burn out internally but it self extinguished as it didn't break the glass.

Just another Volvo safety feature !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom