Another car park ding!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ian B Walker

MB Enthusiast
Car
300-24, saloon and coupe, E300 24 valve diesel estate
Took a pic of this earlier today. Yesterday the wife went shopping, parked sensibly, i.e. not near other cars. Came out after and found that some mindless twit had scraped the door. I believe there is a "Ding Doctor"? Does anyone know where I can contact him?

damage_2.jpg
damage_1.jpg

Last edited:
I cant really see the damage clearly from the picture but if the chrome strip is damaged, my local stealership wouldnt sell the strip separately from the lower panel :(

Thanks sp!ke, The door panel is pushed in a tad, not that noticable but annoying all the same. Looks like another call to Bacup this week :(

Some body put a small ding in my door yesterday (Sunday) I noticed it immediately on my return to the car, the wife wanted to give the tatty old Citroen AX parked next to us a kicking in the door just in case !

Why is it that I can park in an empty car park, some distance from the entrance/exit, and when I return, someone has parked so close it is actually difficult to get in or out of the car?!!!:crazy:

There must be something of a hearding instinct - I was passenger in a car when someone did it (over 100 empty spaces and he parked up close to the only other car in the place), so I asked "WHY?????!!!!" and he replied "Dunno, thats where people are parking I guess?!.:mad:

Hi Ian - sorry to hear about the scuff, annoying at the best of times.

I believe the old Dent Master company was taken over by Dent Wizard - - - - - ---> www.dentwizard.com

From their website it appears they also do trim and minor paint repairs, under the 'Flying Colours' name - link from the dentwizard uk homepage. This shows mirror casings and dashboard repairs so the side moulding shouldn't pose too much of a problem to them.

They have an online inquiry service - perhaps you can send them the photo to comment on ??

I used dentmaster years ago on a previous inferior vehicle (BMW) which had suffered the usual door edge against flat panel syndrome, the guy even took some minor dings out of another panel FOC which I couldn't even see (and I'm normally really picky) - he reckoned these were probably in from the factory and they hadn't seen them, as they were so small !.
Excellent job - even repolished the panels before he finished !!

Originally posted by Flip
Why is it that I can park in an empty car park, some distance from the entrance/exit, and when I return, someone has parked so close it is actually difficult to get in or out of the car?!!!:crazy:

Flip, happened to me today at a service station on the M40 whilst I was waiting for the jam to clear. Parked right out of the way at least 20 yards from everyone else and when I came back, I could hardly get in my drivers door because of some wan**r....why!!!!!!!!!! At least I did not have a ding like Ian.

I dunno about anyone else, but , i take up two spaces when i park my car to make sure i don't get some rear passage hole parking up close.

Believe it or not , i have come back to find a car parked up close still.

Why is it always old crappy generic cars that park about 4 inches away from your car. You know the ones im talking about. Its just annoying that a car costing no more than the metallic paint itself can damage your car :devil:

Thanks for the link CLK270, am going to investigate tomorrow when I get the chance. Much appreciated

Ian, what was the result? I'm considering using DentWizard on my W210...

Sorry (by the way) to rake up such an old thread ;)

Ian.

For any one in the south East, I have used 'Dents Plus' A guy named Alan Clouder was great at fixing Dings.

0800 975 4434 or 0705 121 718

Tony,

Thanks for that, I'll give him a try. Any idea of the going rate? I have a typical trolley ding in my NSF wing and a door ding in my NSR door.

I take it he's mobile, or where is he based?

Regards, Ian.

Ian , look for Dentmasters in the yellow pages, they are based all over the country, its abt £50 for the first dent then lower amounts for others!

never used them myself but have had good feedback from people who have

IanT said:
Tony,

Thanks for that, I'll give him a try. Any idea of the going rate? I have a typical trolley ding in my NSF wing and a door ding in my NSR door.

I take it he's mobile, or where is he based?

Regards, Ian.

He's based in Thornton Heath Surrey, and is fully mobile. Heres his mobile number too 07050 121 718

Last yeat he came and sorted out a door ding in our ML for £45.00,and on the same visit he did a stone dent on my SL bonnet. I think all in all I paid him £100.00

It is fascinating to watch. He first stuck an mirror adjacent to the ding, using a suction cup with a flexible arm, so he could see the ding from different angles. He then poked a variety of stainless stell rods (one at a time ) down via the window rubber (with the window open ), then by either twisting or pushing these rods, he gradually smoothed the ding out.

Have used Dentmasters myself both on the Merc (after my sis let a baggage trolley crash into it at Gatwick - thanks sis) and on the missus' MX-5 before we sold it.

The guy who did both was superb, very professional and you couldn't see either dent when he was done. The MX-5 dent was quoted at £750 by the local Mazda dealer to put right - he did it for £95.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom