Another case of car park damage

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MarkP80

Car
ML350 Grand Edition
Yep, it's happened to me now :mad:

Had my Ka parked at a show, in a field, in neat rows under the supervision of the car park attendants. I thought there was bags of space between the cars, in fact I parked intentionally so there was. Anyway, clearly I hadn't left quite enough for the person parked next to me.

Came back a few hours later - the car next to me had gone, but they'd left a lovely dint in my door. As car park dings go, this is a good one. How inconsiderate can some people be, when it comes to damaging other people's property?

I've arranged for a guy from Dent Devils to come and have a look at it today, so hopefully he can sort it out. It just depresses me that we live in a society where people are happy to do this sort of thing and drive off. Judging by a lot of the threads on here, it happens a lot.

Cheers,
MarkP

Attachments

• Ka door.jpg
    Ka door.jpg
    141.9 KB · Views: 332
Holy Moly-thats large-i presume it may be single door skin so may pop out easier?
Good luck-so many inconsiderate degenerates out there

That must have required quite a whack, amazing the force some folk use to open their doors.

Yep, as you say, as car park dings go that is a belter.

Makes a chap see red.

Mic

Looks like deliberate damage to me. Hope it comes out.

very nasty, could have a problem with a smart repair.

good luck.

Hope you get sorted!

If I ever park ( multi storey, supermarket, etc) a bit close to other cars; I take a photo with my phone. If I come back to a dink; I have something to work off...

It infuriates me when that happens....I go to a lot of country shows,which ineveitably leads to parking in fields....and like you I always leave ample space between adjacent vehicles....but I have noticed over the last two or three years where people park right in close to you as if they were in a multii story car park...is it because they have been conditioned subconsciously to it?

I used to have a RAV4 (I know, I know). I 'd park it at the far end of a deserted supermarket car park at 07:30, come back ten minutes later and find the car park still empty, apart from one dimwit who always had to park next to my car. Why? God only knows.

Somebody must be driving round with a nice red stripe on their car!

Thanks for all the replies chaps, appreciated.

I had a guy from Dent Devils come out and have a go at it the other day. His first comment was "wow, that's the worst I've seen from a door opening". He said straight away he wouldn't be able to make a perfect job of it but was happy to do his best. He also commented that he wouldn't be surprised if the culprit's door had been damaged in the process!
Anyway, I'm reasonably happy with the result. You can't see it straight on, but there is a slight ripple in the swage line of you look down the door. You'd only really notice it if you were looking for it. I can't be completely happy as the door was previously perfect, and now I know it's not, but it's not something I would even contemplate having it sprayed for. I guess it's just hacked me off as the car is only 18 months old.
To be fair, the technician has done a good job from the mess he started with, and spent a long time pulling bits out and pushing other bits in. I'd certainly use him again, I just hope I don't need to!
I'll post a photo when I get chance so you can see the end result.
Cheers,
MarkP

And here it is post-repair. I think the guy did a pretty good job, all things considered, but you can still see a bit of a kink on the swage line.

Attachments

• Ka after.jpg
    Ka after.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 136
good result there,most dent busters would not have attempted that one,now stop looking at your wing when you go to your car!

regards Martyz.

That looks pretty good, what was the cost in the end.

good result there,most dent busters would not have attempted that one,now stop looking at your wing when you go to your car!

regards Martyz.

I meant door :eek:

Dent Devils charge £75+vat per panel, irrespective of the damage. I thought that was pretty good.
now stop looking at your wing when you go to your car!
- have you been spying on me?! That's the hard part, isn't it!

Cheers,
MarkP

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom