Another child seat thread. Which seat for 3+ year old

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

A210AMG

MB Enthusiast
Hello

Following another thread our 3 and a little bit year old is looking quite long in her current Maxi Cosi seat even though it should see her to aged 4 she is very long...

We are off to Europe soon so will have some fair trips in the car, I've been looking at the next seat.

What do people use / have / recommned?

I quite like the look of the Recaro Young sport, doesn't seem as much choice as with the last seat? Will check out the saftey rating on it.

recaryoungsprtmf_l.jpg

^ thanks but she is only 3 years old....don't think a booster on its own would be ok?

We just got a Maxi Cosi Rodi XR for Baby BTB (who is a very big 2 and a half year old ... he's wearing age 3-4 clothes) - he went out in the SL in it yesterday :)

^ the seats such as above what keeps them in place?

I guess you can get isofix ones? My car has it wifes doesn't athough we will but two seats anyway so probably no issue.

Does the little secure in using the normal car seat belt?

thnaks

Yes these use the normal 3-point seat belt to hold the youngster in. There's an anchor at the back that fixes to the base of the head rest though. Have a look here:

Maxi-cosi products

^ the seats such as above what keeps them in place?

I guess you can get isofix ones? My car has it wifes doesn't athough we will but two seats anyway so probably no issue.

Does the little secure in using the normal car seat belt?

thnaks

You can get with ISO-fix or without ISO-fix. The ISO-fix versions come with a blanking cover so you can safely use it in a car without ISO-fix without damaging the seats in the car with the mounting points.

You can also get with AKSE or without AKSE too. AKSE is the automatic airbag deactivation thingy. Only ever used it once - just to see if it worked - and it did!!

Baby D has one of these - formerly Junior D's - and that works in the same way, ie AKSE, blanking cover for ISO-fix, etc:

duo-410x270.jpg

Just thought I would share this.

We are going away over the summer with daughter and step-son + step-son mate. Two teenagers and a bulky child seat is going to be an issue (should have kept the Espace he say's, again).

I found this...
bb001.jpg

It's approved to British/European standards and inflates/deflates. Daughter so far is very impressed, and is seating on it in the front room. Would have liked pink she says.

www.bubblebum.co.uk

Just thought I would share!

The very nature of baby seats surely means there is a huge amount of them surplus in the second hand market, with what can only be a few months use each.

Buying new is madness.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom