Another classic uglified

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Seen worse though and at least they are fairly easily undone ;)

Going to risk being flamed here but am I looking at the right thing 'cos I see a W123 coupe withe a set of AMG 5 spoke wheels on it. Fronts look a little wide so they are probably from a W126 originally but it's not like they are made by Fox and designed for a saxo.

Fire away

Bazza

I think those are AMG "penta" alloys for pretty much the correct period as the car. The AMG styling on those CE's and SELs etc of that period were pretty pimp.

I think it's also to do with persepective. The fronts look too big making the rear look badly sized and too small. Like I said - seen worse and very easily undone. Unlike the Greenpeace Pig MB :D

Think they look ok on the car. They are period AMG Penta's or the Ronnel replicas, but they don't look bad on the car. But the front wheels do look wide!

I think those AMG Penta's look OK in my humble opinion :rolleyes:

hmmmmmmmmmmmm dont know why on earth they look like that,definitely something wrong there......lol................nothing wrong with the wheels,have to say that coz look i got them too............hahahahaha
untitled2.gif

but having said that,they were on the car when i got it and i cant afford to replace them at the moment,what with the respray as well

I agree , Penta's on a w123 are the right AMG wheel of the time, looks a bit high but still ok ......

I think the reason why they look a tad odd on the CE is due to the fact that they are deep dish Penta's off an SEC.....bit wide for the CE which is still riding at its original height, suspension wise.

I remember those driving about in the late 70's {oop's giving away my age there! :eek: }

I think that was 70's cool :cool:, looks right to me. Period Pimp!

It could have oversized tyres on it, that would make it sit higher and maybe look a bit odd?

I think those wheels are beter suited to the SEC . w123's are quite hard to find replacement wheels that suit it don't know why,maybe it's the shape of the body.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom