Another clean bill of health

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

saff

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Audi A8 D4 4.2 TDI W246 B180 CDI Sport
A straight pass for the old girl today, no advisories. Always good news when the car is approaching 13 years and 122K ;)

That must be a relief. I've got mine in a few weeks. Lets hope it does better than last year when it failed on a corroded brake pipe at 8 1/2 years old. I worried less about my old 190e which never failed a single MOT right up to being 26 years old.

Had mine about 3 weeks ago, 10 1/2 years old and just over 100k miles, straight pass, no comments or advisories! Asked about the emissions results (they no longer give you a print-out, was told she was so clean it did not even register on their machine! FWIW I only use ordinary supermarket diesel, just occasionally when our supermarket has bottles of fuel system cleaner for £2 she'll get 2 tankfulls with 1/2 bottle of that in it.

Had mine about 3 weeks ago, 10 1/2 years old and just over 100k miles, straight pass, no comments or advisories! Asked about the emissions results (they no longer give you a print-out, was told she was so clean it did not even register on their machine!

Mine passed yesterday with no advisories. I did get an emissions printout but the result of 0% was curious. That's never happened before.

FWIW I had excellent service form Kwik fit Macclesfield. Everything from booking and paying just £27 online to the clean comfortable waiting room with free coffee.

My E220 went through last week as well with no advisories, only 8 years old but 305k so you never know what to expect.

I did have the original rear brake discs replaced, (not bad after after 305k miles) and a new set of rear pads and a rusty
rear brake pipe renewed for my peace of mind but it seems there is plenty of life left in the old gal yet.:banana:

Hopefully.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom