Another dashcam hardwire question

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sve

Car
S211 E320 CDI Avantgarde
Hi,

Hope you are all well.

I read through the old posts but can't find the exact information I'm looking for.

I've got W213 E220 saloon and bought Apeman front and rear dashcam. I'd like to hardwire it so that I that I don't have to use the lighter and/or enable the parking mode every now and then - yeah I know, it has to be enabled manually.

I understand that the front fuse box doesn't have live fuses so I have to use the rear. I found another thread suggesting that I could use 455 for that purpose.

Now, my confusion comes with the hardwire kit. The majority of kits cut off the voltage at 11.6V which seems to be very low.

Does anyone have exprience with the ones where you could set the cut off voltage ? I found one (VIOFO HK3) which has four voltage options 11.8V, 12V, 12.2V, 12.4V but I'm not sure how good is it.

Thanks in advance!

Reactions: AW8
I use a blackvue hardwire kit that cuts off at 12.5v in my CLK. You can get them for around £25 if you shop around, they have an outlet on eBay for refurb units, and I've bought a few from them.

Thanks for your reply. Yeah I saw this one in amazon but it costs more than the camera :)

Found the outlet, costs more than amazon.

Use the cigarette lighter adapter that comes with the camera, I soldered wires to the contacts before wrapping to isolate and placed it in a hidden location wrapped with foam. Has worked perfectly for over 3 years and cost buttons.

Reactions: 219
Thank you

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom