Another Day, Another electrical glitch!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mercington

Car
CLK55
Looks like another sensor has decided to throw a wobbly this morning! The outside temperature was all over the place this morning.

Well unless it was actually 30 degrees C on the M25 this morning :crazy:

Can anyone tell me where the sensor is located on a CLK55 (209)? Just in case it's come loose or got something wrapped round it. Thanks.

Off Topic, but another query. My radio has a habit of going quiet from time to time, then coming back up to volume, almost like the phone is about to ring. Any idea's, or is it possible to upgrade the Comand software and see if that fixes it??

I think it's located behind the bumper, lower front LHS. Am pretty sure that's where mine is on the 211. I stand corrected if it isn't!

Off Topic, but another query. My radio has a habit of going quiet from time to time, then coming back up to volume, almost like the phone is about to ring. Any idea's, or is it possible to upgrade the Comand software and see if that fixes it??

How long. If its short blip and you have the phone system, the phone system can cause this if there is an unread SMS message on the phone connected to it.

Richard

Thanks for the replies. Can't access the US forum without an account however..

Strangely enough, it seemed to behave on the way home. I may check it out when I get the chance and see if it's come loose or something.

Richard, it's about a 30 sec dimming of the volume, gradually then comes back up. I actually have a Viseeo MB1000 which doesn't support text. Would that still have an effect??

try behind or underneath the front number plate recess..

Richard, it's about a 30 sec dimming of the volume, gradually then comes back up. I actually have a Viseeo MB1000 which doesn't support text. Would that still have an effect??

That is not the effect caused by the phone system - sounds strange !!

Richard

That is not the effect caused by the phone system - sounds strange !!

Richard

There is a speed dependant volume control on some cars, I wonder whether that is causing the issue somehow - is it at all speed related ??

R

Thanks for the replies. Can't access the US forum without an account however..

Strangely enough, it seemed to behave on the way home. I may check it out when I get the chance and see if it's come loose or something.

Sorry I would upload it here but file is 630KB

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom