Another dead headlight! £1k replacement.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TimHall

Car
S204 C63 PPP
For the second time in 4 years, driving in very wet conditions has resulted in a dead xenon headlight and £1k repair bill for a new bulb and burner/starter. The first time it was a deep puddle at speed, this time it was slushy snow spraying up under the wheel arch. Both the near side unit.

Is there anything I need to ensure is fixed to prevent this happening again?

The car is a 2012 S204 C63 with adaptive headlights.

I think if you were to buy a top of the range Lexus it would solve the problem.

Are you sure the arch liners and front splash guards are all complete and secure.... otherwise this manufacturing oversight is taking the proverbial.

Perhaps you can make something up to protect said light unit, otherwise any sign of rain you wont want to go out in the car...

Are you sure the arch liners and front splash guards are all complete and secure....
^ This.

The problem experienced by the OP is not widely reported, which implies a fault with his particular vehicle.

It is now fixed. The previous repair job was a bodge up and sealed badly with glue.

All surrounding bodywork is present and correct with a new unit, bulb and igniter and my wallet is just under £1k lighter.

The suggestion of a Lexus is noted but politely declined, especially in a Mercedes forum 😆

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom