Another Ebay scam

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The scam is my way of thinking is that there is a genuine car for sale and there is this advert for a car that is at a 1/3 of the price. Whether advance payment is made or not there is always the chance that there is a very naive person who may get sucked in. If you put in zbzmail in google and click on images, there are hundreds of these adverts with the same wording. If it is this large a enterprise there must be some reward for these people.

Not sure that a leggy 9 years old S class is worth £30k.

i-CONICA said:
What's the scam? Buyer pays in advance?

Yep, car is abroad, pay shipping agent, they won't release funds till you have the car etc etc....

Nor do I. Since I have been looking for a decently priced S600/ S65, four months or so. This car has been for sale at this price £31/30k, with value of about £22/24k

begs the question,
who buys a V12 without a test drive or at least laying your own eyes on the car.

Sonny Burnett said:
begs the question, who buys a V12 without a test drive or at least laying your own eyes on the car.

Plenty of brain dead folks out there hence the scam artists keep advertising because people fall for it.

eBay have removed it.

I am probably the only one here but still not sure what the scam is? How do you know the car is abroad?

Ebay is littered with such adverts where they've copied the photo's and details of genuine cars then advertise it at a price they think will draw somebody in. They don't even need to sell the car just take a deposit via paypal for each ad and they're still making money.

I am probably the only one here but still not sure what the scam is? How do you know the car is abroad?

No, you're not the only one. Car is advertised in two places (Autotrader and Ebay), nothing unusual about that, and the contact numbers are the same for both. And contrary to one post above, the Ebay listing does still exist (at least at the moment).

i-CONICA said:
What's the scam? Buyer pays in advance?

Hello,

The car looks and runs great, well taken care of with full dealership service history. Never been involved in an accident, no problems at all, HPI clear, current MOT. The reason for selling it is that I've moved with work in Scotland and the company which I work for gave me a new car to drive around and I have no use for this one at the moment. I won't be able to deal in person but we can do everything through a transport company, Bridech Services (bridech.co.uk), they are taking care of everything and they can arrange a delivery to your address, the car being already at their warehouse in Scotland. The estimated delivery time is 2-3 working days. If this is going to be a quick sale, I will let it go for £8000 with the delivery charges included. If you decide to buy the car please send me an e-mail with your details (Full name, Address, Phone number) and a copy of a recent utility bill (phone bill, a bill for your water, electric, gas, etc.), the transport company needs the utility bill as a proof for the delivery address. Next step they will get in touch with you and send you an invoice for the car, the tracking number to check the status of the delivery at any time and all the rest of the transaction details. After you've received the invoice you'll need to make the payment by bank transfer to the transport company (NOT to me) and they will hold the money into their bank account until you receive, inspect and agreed to keep the car. For the buyer's peace of mind I've also added a 5 DAYS REFUND POLICY so if you won't like the car, you'll receive a full refund, no fees or taxes deducted. If the car is not as described, the transport company will transfer the money back into your bank account. If you decide to keep the car after the 5 days inspection period, you will need to sign the owner transfer papers and only then I will get the money from the transport company.

Best regards,
Fiona Warren

Fiona Warren a.k.a. Bridech.co.uk...

A perfectly legitimate haulage company, who, it appears, never bothered to register a domain - so the crooks did it 3 days ago, and claiming a Scottish branch (doesn't exist, the company's only base of operation is Burton On Trent).

Someone should warn the company their name is being used in a scam ... unfortunately, I can't see an email or even a phone number listed. The only one I could find is for their old family business - WJ Skipper - 01283 575 200.

Nominet data

JFI

Whois:
Bridech.co.uk
Whois >>

Checking server [whois.nic.uk]
Results:

Domain name:
bridech.co.uk

Registrant:
James Lonsdale

Registrant type:
Unknown

Registrant's address:
Crazy Domains Tower 42 25 Old Broad Street
London
London (City of)
EC2N 1HN
United Kingdom

Data validation:
Nominet was able to match the registrant's name and address against a 3rd party data source on 04-Jul-2017

Registrar:
Crazy Domains FZ-LLC [Tag = CRAZYDOMAINS-AE]
URL: http://www.crazydomains.com

Relevant dates:
Registered on: 02-Jul-2017
Expiry date: 02-Jul-2018
Last updated: 04-Jul-2017

Registration status:
Registered until expiry date.

Name servers:
ns1.crazydomains.com
ns2.crazydomains.com

WHOIS lookup made at 08:38:48 06-Jul-2017

--
This WHOIS information is provided for free by Nominet UK the central registry
for .uk domain names. This information and the .uk WHOIS are:

Copyright Nominet UK 1996 - 2017.

So it's up for £30k, but 'Fiona Warren' will suddenly let it go for £8k!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom