Another engine Oil question, sorry...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hi everybody ,

Every thing I said is true.

I would never but an ex rep mobile but the best cars to acquire are ex hire cars from the premium fleet.

Every thing is checked upon return from hire and everything that is faulty is back charged to the client.

An inferior oil and it's goosed .

View attachment 117438View attachment 117439

I remember a story of a main dealer supplying for multiple years a guy for DIY services with an older incorrect 10W40 semi synthetic , needless to say...
'Incorrect' in what way?
There's nothing there but some trashed cam followers. Incorrect in what way? Contaminated - did anyone actually check? Not enough ZDDP? - unlikely if it was an 'older' oil. What of the driver's habits? This kind of damage can be caused by excessive rpm straight from cold start (before the oil has got to the cam) on any engine. Are those photographs the actual consequence of '' a main dealer supplying for multiple years a guy for DIY services with an older incorrect 10W40 semi synthetic , needless to say..''?

Well, the same individual posted the story about a Sprint Booster reducing a Mini's 0-60 time by five seconds...:rolleyes:

Time to add something to my signature, I think.

'Incorrect' in what way?
There's nothing there but some trashed cam followers. Incorrect in what way? Contaminated - did anyone actually check? Not enough ZDDP? - unlikely if it was an 'older' oil. What of the driver's habits? This kind of damage can be caused by excessive rpm straight from cold start (before the oil has got to the cam) on any engine. Are those photographs the actual consequence of '' a main dealer supplying for multiple years a guy for DIY services with an older incorrect 10W40 semi synthetic , needless to say..''?

Watch out we've got a Pumpe Düse engine expert...

Well, the same individual posted the story about a Sprint Booster reducing a Mini's 0-60 time by five seconds...:rolleyes:

Time to add something to my signature, I think.

Screenshot_20200619-080446_YouTube.jpg

It's a claim and I didn't believe it for a moment as there was no video footage of a stop watch or speedo going unlike others...

It almost sounds a made up story to me, a fleet of new company cars on DiY servicing and all damaged engines except his. Or am I just a bit sceptical.
Anyway I’m just off to feed my baby unicorn.

BB's stories are never made-up in my experience, they just occasionally need some further interpretation, and I am still an apprentice - but I'll get there in the end ;)

It's a claim and I didn't believe it for a moment as there was no video footage of a stop watch or speedo going unlike others...
Oh really? Why not say so, then, or add an emoji ( :rolleyes: )?

BB's stories are never made-up in my experience, they just occasionally need some further interpretation, and I am still an apprentice - but I'll get there in the end ;)
Very diplomatic response.

So....
My oil came, I poured it in the engine now the oil level is correct 😁

How do you measure the engine oil level?

(Starting new topic :D )

Just got an ad from Amazon for an engine oil at a very good price. I attach the banner, just google it . Your comments please.

Leprinxol Synth Longlife III 5W30 Engine Oil V W Standard 504 00, 507 00; ACEA C3; API SN; MB 229.51; B M W LL-04; P O R S C H E C30 5W-30​

OOPs...had posted this before reading the earlier posts, which answered my question. So Yes, its ok to use in my w212 220 E class, Problem now is that it will not ship to my address !!!:mad::mad::mad::wallbash:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom