Another example of Mercedes unreliability ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
My 2006 S203 estate was built in Bremen it's got almost 150K miles on it . The engine and drivetrain are solid (well it is a AMG V8) , it's just a shame the same can not be said about the lack of quality in the body panels that are rusting :(

I picked the car up today.
It had been fitted with a water cooled Alternator from an S Class, a new rear wiper and a new front Headlamp Bulb. 297 euros for the lot.
I am pleased with the outcome and look forward to the rest of my vacation withe car now on 254,000 miles.

Sounds like good value to me.
The alternator was the first mechanical failure on my 124 years ago - it also failed at 250k miles. Rebuilt with a new brush pack and regulator and still going strong when the car was sold at 320k miles.

They must have fitted some good alternators to the W210s.
I owned three ....... all got to 230,000 miles + ....... Never had any alternator troubles.
Me neither John, never had any reliability problems with any of my four MB’s. :rolleyes: :)

Have to concur, mine is nearly 19 years old, had it since new, apart from brakes, tyres, oil, filter etc, not fitted any other parts, not even a single lamp (bulb). Odd how original parts seem to last for ever until replaced and then they fail regularly.

.....even if they are genuine parts sourced from a main dealer......They never seem to be as good as the parts that came with the car.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom