Another Fake 190E Sportline

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Did you sell your 2.6 lpg one SS201?

Yes - the new owner collected it on Saturday. Sad to see it go after six years and 75k miles of ownership (and hundreds of hours of tlc), but I've kept the Sportline, so I'm still a committed 2.6 man!

Phew - temptation removed! Joking apart, I've been driving a 2.0E around of late and it's lovely, but just thinking about that creamy straight six performance with 2 litre effective running cost was seriously tempting..

Neil

As a new member I can't send you a pm, until I've got a few more posts on the wall.

Can you contact me with price and a quick chat?

Cheers

Seller must've altered the listing because I can't see Sportline mentioned.

.....And it's a Sportline again.

Matey looked at the old ad & found confirmation there -

(THIS CAR IS A SPORTLINE. STILL HAVE ORIGINAL ADVERT OF WHEN THE CAR WAS SOLD WHICH LISTS THE CAR AS A SPORTLINE CAR. SO THAT IS WHAT I AM SELLING IT AS)

Except it isn't. Nary a single Sportline options when it left the factory.

b7dsfm.jpg

They are not even sportline wheels, let alone the bloody steering wheel !!

........and if it was listed as a space rocket originally it would obviously be a space rocket now. Lol.

Hi there.

Ive just purchased myself a 1993 2.6 190e and believe it to have one of the sportline options , the chassis upgrade and 8 hole alloys but it also stated on the spec list that it had 17' alloys. Im not sure why.

Anyway the reg is L849GVT if anyone wanted to double check.

Hi there.

Ive just purchased myself a 1993 2.6 190e and believe it to have one of the sportline options , the chassis upgrade and 8 hole alloys but it also stated on the spec list that it had 17' alloys. Im not sure why.

Anyway the reg is L849GVT if anyone wanted to double check.

If you have the service book for the car, you can check it yourself. On the inside back page you will find the data card which lists all the factory fitted options. If option 650 is present, you have the Sports (i.e. Sportline) chassis. If 650 isn't listed, you have a car with standard suspension.

If you have the service book for the car, you can check it yourself. On the inside back page you will find the data card which lists all the factory fitted options. If option 650 is present, you have the Sports (i.e. Sportline) chassis. If 650 isn't listed, you have a car with standard suspension.

Here's a pic of the spec sheet everything seems to tally up and it has sportline badges on the front wings, though i know they could have been retrofitted at some point.

[/URL

Despite the seller's claims that "the car has a full sportline kit factory fitted which makes it look just like the cosworth" J494 JCA is a bog standard 190E 2.0 with no Sportline options & bizarrely, no bodykit of any kind.

What we call 'fresh air & heater controls' the seller, wee2011w, labels "dual climate which is very rare".

WDB2010242F884136

mercedes benz 190e sportline edition | eBay

$_57.JPG

What we call 'fresh air & heater controls' the seller, wee2011w, labels "dual climate which is very rare".

:doh: That is hilarious, it never ceases to amaze what people will write on an ebay classified ad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom