Another Good Customer Service Report.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

crockers

MB Enthusiast
Car
XC60 MY2014 SeLux Nav plus lot and lots of toys...
Well decided I needed to get fitter so moved our John Lewis Exercise Bike into the spare lounge and plugged in the lead. Turned on and BANG...screen started smoking so I quickly unplugged it. Thinking Damn and many other words - saying to myself Carp John Lewis own label product.

Got onto JL on phone to be told it has a 3 year warranty (pheww as it is 18 months old) and a number to call. Do this and reqister for an engineer to call.

Next day I get a call from engineer. Can I go to Bike..read off serial number - all OK...can I read off what is written on transformer..I do this ....when I get to 12v he sucked in his breath..

"Sir where did you get that from??" I said I think you - but I haven't used it for since October due to a foot operation etc etc...hmm he replies - I think you will find you have plugged in the wrong transformer - it should be 6v.

I'm now thinking what a Twit I am (or words consisting of at least 3 of these letters)...I'm stuffed and have ruined the bike.

Then he says "I'll send you a new panel as that one is cooked - oh and a new 6v transformer - please move THAT one away from the bike"...

Now that is what I call customer service ...above and beyond

John Lewis :rock::rock::rock:

I like buying stuff from JL as the warranty is usually lengthy and the staff actually know about the product they are selling:thumb:

Shop lots at JL and have never, ever had anything other than excellent service! Both pre and post purchase they always accommodate the customer.

I have bought a few items from the Glasgow branch and always excellent , friendly service from the sales staff - no problems with anything so far , so have not had to try out the aftersales service .

Just recently , I was in the market for a new TV and looked around , eventually deciding to go for a Samsung LED set . Comet , Currys & JL were all priced about the same , model for model , but only JL gave the 5 year warranty , with the others charging (a lot) extra for 2 or 3 year warranty extensions . I was all set to buy from JL , when a friend mentioned that Costco were doing very good deals , so I went for a look : the 46" 2D set that I was looking at in the other 3 strores ( all priced at £1500 odds ) was under £1K , with 5 year warranty , and for the same money as I was going to spend , I got the newer series 3D version , still with 5 year warranty . Again , comparing like for like , Costco seemed to be consistently £500 cheaper than the other three stores , and with a 5 year warranty included .

I had no qualms buying the set from Costco as past experience of their 'no quibble' returns policy has been excellent . They are worth checking out before you buy any expensive-ish electronic/electrical items elsewhere .

The point I was making is they repaired it even though I BROKE IT and they KNEW it.......can't think of many other companies doing that..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom