Another great day at MSL.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

John

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Skateboard
I never look forward to getting up at 05:30 in the morning but every time I'm due to visit MSL, it doesn't bother me at all. I view it more as a great day out than a trip to the garage!

Since discovering the IC pump was officially not up to the job (I had my suspicions since the upgrades last year), and the MOT throwing up some other issues (like subframe bushes etc.), a great day out up at Brum beckoned...

Most of the day was spent removing the old parts from the rear which looked like a real pig to do.

Whilst we got good power after the mods back in July 2014, the car stank and I assumed this was due to the decat! However, after confirming a duff IC pump, in hindsight I suspect the original pump had not been up to the job for more than one serious WOT run.

Indeed I smelt another E55K with all CATs but a poor-performing IC pump and that too smelt like mine - so this ruled out the CATs being the cause.

Got the car back on the dyno with the replacement pump, it was back up to a little over the figures we got back then (was 491WHP, now 496WHP and 505WNM). It also feels a lot more powerful than previously more of the time, presumably because the pump now keeps up with demand, and it no longer stinks! Hooray. I assume it over-fuelled to compensate for higher IATs.

I'm chuffed with it and the handling is much tighter now having replaced half the suspension.

So thanks to Acid, Sarim and the gang for another great day out - they all always manage to make you feel like a special guest despite being just another punter really - even when I first went up.

Final mod tally (for now):

Kleemann LTHs, decat, X pipe, standard silencers, Eurocharged pulley, Eurocharged remap, K&N air filters (inherited).

I will post up a video in due course!

Here is the final run:

Attachments

• MSL.jpg
    MSL.jpg
    124.7 KB · Views: 36
Same for me John, every visit to MSL means an 05:00 start but that means a clear run down and with chicken to look forward to, win win :thumb:

Always customer care at the forefront of their minds and that keeps people going time after time :D

Great lines on that final graph mate :cool:

Finally sorted out the videos. *Disclaimer* My video skills aren't great - trying to catch the action shots is not my strong point!

Really chuffed with the car now so thanks again Acid & Co. @ MSL!

Credit where credit is also due - all exhaust work by Imran @ Torqueflow!

Dyno Run post IC pump
[YOUTUBE]oOaKzYHtFuo[/YOUTUBE]

Dyno run with revving to demonstrate exhaust (no fans)
[YOUTUBE]YpCz5t5ZoTw[/YOUTUBE]

High speed run up to 30mph not by me! :D
[YOUTUBE]uE-90-Ep8sU[/YOUTUBE]

Another high speed run up to 30mph not by me! :D

From around 27 seconds demonstrates the volume of the blower these days...
[YOUTUBE]p3rAS2583Uk[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:
Looks nice and healthy now! And the more I see the colour of your car the more I fall for it!

BTW Kleemans are not long tube. They are classed as a mid length and quite a bit shorter than long tube

Glad you car is feeling and smelling better John. All is good again :)

Looks nice and healthy now! And the more I see the colour of your car the more I fall for it!

BTW Kleemans are not long tube. They are classed as a mid length and quite a bit shorter than long tube

You learn something new... although I don't remember them being bent on installation to fit round the steering rack which I thought LTHs required so I had my suspicions.

You learn something new... although I don't remember them being bent on installation to fit round the steering rack which I thought LTHs required so I had my suspicions.

John - You're Kleemann's would have needed pushing in a bit to clear the rack, they all do on RHD. Matt is right though Kleemann's are considered mid length, as the collector is sort of in the position of the primary cats whereas the collector on long tubes is extended further right under the car.

John - You're Kleemann's would have needed pushing in a bit to clear the rack, they all do on RHD. Matt is right though Kleemann's are considered mid length, as the collector is sort of in the position of the primary cats whereas the collector on long tubes is extended further right under the car.

Ahh I see!

This whole car modding thing is a constant learning curve.

Looks and sounds awesome.

Said it before and will say it again, its the best colour ever :rock:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom