Another Hammer....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
That's a genuine AMG 6.0 SOHC M117 car, but not a Hammer....it would have to have a DOHC m117 to be labelled a Hammer.

cheers
talbir

what gearboxes were these cars mated to? the standard 4/5 speed boxes fitted at the factory or did AMG alter them to take the increased power?

Agree its nice but its a car for a collection not a daily driver.

At the price new shape E class E55 estate are close. Totally different cars in that the Hammer is a 'classic' and old school.

Nice to look at and nice to think that wold be nice but as a daily driver that does everything E55 Estate for me. :)

The M117's were predominantly mated to the standard m117 4 spd auto box - there were adjustments made to the valve body for better/optimal shift points

Some specials did get a 5 spd manual mated to the M117s (SOHC and DOHC)....but those cars are as rare as hens teeth !

talbir

Agree its nice but its a car for a collection not a daily driver.

At the price new shape E class E55 estate are close. Totally different cars in that the Hammer is a 'classic' and old school.

Nice to look at and nice to think that wold be nice but as a daily driver that does everything E55 Estate for me. :)
:eek: :eek: Totally agree,
I really like the shape of these vehicles but give me the interior and mechanics of the 211 :eek: :eek:

John

The M117's were predominantly mated to the standard m117 4 spd auto box - there were adjustments made to the valve body for better/optimal shift points

Some specials did get a 5 spd manual mated to the M117s (SOHC and DOHC)....but those cars are as rare as hens teeth !

talbir

Was it the dog leg manual box, or something else??

Was it the dog leg manual box, or something else??

There was once a SOHC 5.4 litre R107 AMG on Ebay USA with a manual transmission. Frustratingly, I can't remember whether it was a dog-leg, though :eek:

Darren

don't know, possibly....it was a Getrag, same as Cossie type, so could well be dog-leg.

talbir

The more I look at this car the more I like it, no badges, no huge exhausts, standard interior.

Subtle bodykit, subtle Aero I's, it really is a sleeper.

I emailed the seller and he sent me the PDF's.

If anyone wants a look i'll email them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom