another heartstopper

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

anarchy-inc

Car
C240
Happily minding my own business down the A420 this afternoon when the car in front of me suddenly made an emergency lane change. I was then faced with a little green metro stopped in the fast lane. :eek: It became obvious in those few seconds as I braked that the lady in the metro had missed the lane to turn right and froze. Her turn signal was still blinking just a 100 yards ahead of the turn. She seemed oblivious to the world around her and didn't move forward until I honked my horn, perhaps scared s**tless because a CLK nearly flattened her boot. She was though, furiously talking to her passenger, pointing this way and that, perhaps her passenger was a "back seat driver". :crazy:

The moral of this story, is I think it's high time to start testing people over a certain age to assess their continued ability to handle a car. This woman, IMHO, does not deserve the privelage to drive anymore. She seemed to be treating the fast moving A420 for the village green.

anarchy-inc said:
in the fast lane.

Not excusing the other driver's actions - but others also need to learn the correct terminology in that we do not have "fast" lanes in this country. Crawler lanes yes, overtaking lanes and outside lanes yes - "fast lanes" no!

pammy said:
Not excusing the other driver's actions - but others also need to learn the correct terminology in that we do not have "fast" lanes in this country. Crawler lanes yes, overtaking lanes and outside lanes yes - "fast lanes" no!

My apologies, Outside Lane then. But me thinks we are being a bit pedantic? ;)
Besides, Fast Lane, is a commonly accepted term both in the US and UK regardless if it is the correct term. Just because the highway code says, outside lane, who is to say that any other term is not correct? So long as people understand the meaning, the actual word is not so important.

Sorry Pammy, I just don't think lane terminology is all that important in the grand scheme of things. ;) Don't worry, I'm ready for the flames to start after that last bit!!!!! :D

I nearly came a cropper when I had to change lanes for a ford focus abandoned on the motorway, it was up to the crash barrier in the middle, but taking up a couple of feet of the outside lane. The car in front of me changed lanes and like you I was faced with the back end of a stationary car. It was at night and it had no lights on!

pammy said:

I thought you only knew about the middle lane :D

anarchy-inc said:
Now that will get you in trouble . . .

he he - sorry AI - didn't mean to rile you - but it's one of those things that gets me :mad:

and as for Fuzzy boy's comment - he wants to get into trouble - he likes it :rolleyes: :D

pammy said:
he he - sorry AI - didn't mean to rile you - but it's one of those things that gets me :mad:

No you didn't I was just worried I had got you going. Everyone has their pet peeves (some have loads), the stupid driver this afternoon is one of mine!

Last edited:
pammy said:

I think you'll find the correct terminology is the Mercedes lane :)

Sp!ke said:

I stand corrected - will make sure I use it properly in the future then :D :bannana: :rock:

Sp!ke said:
I hope this doesn't get confused with the BMW lane, we don't want to go there do we.

anarchy-inc said:
Nope, no confusion, thats in the middle! :D
Or is it the hard shoulder?!? :devil:

Sp!ke said:

Don't forget or get confused with terminology here folks, we (BMW drivers) rent it out when we're not using it..... ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom