Another "I don't BELIEVE it" candidate

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I read that earlier and thought about posting it.
Unbelievable an insurance company can be made to pay this compensation!!

Thanks. I'll get on to Aviva.

Ah, the days when getting "very friendly" with the girlfriend was normal use of the car - I can just about remember that far back, although in my first car (an A30) you could only get so friendly, it was only when I could borrow Dad's Austin 1800 that anything more became feasible!

Ah, the days when getting "very friendly" with the girlfriend was normal use of the car - I can just about remember that far back, although in my first car (an A30) you could only get so friendly, it was only when I could borrow Dad's Austin 1800 that anything more became feasible!
I had a Morris 1800 and an Austin A30 when I was 17 and neither saw any action :(

It's hard to explain "Ugandan discussions" to the next generation.

Cars were smaller in the 70's and 80's but we were young and believed the MG marketing department.

(Even after watching Dora Bryan and Frankie Howerd at the London Palladium - check out those posters)

Twenty years later things changed when Bill Clinton introduced American automotive tradition to the UK.

You-can-do-it-in-an-MG-3.jpeg

My first car a VW beetle 🪲, as a 17year old, was an extremely versatile vehicle...

So is my home insurance liable if I catch something at home?

QUOTE FROM Post #1:
Geico appealed the judgement. But on Tuesday, a three-judge panel confirmed the lower court's ruling and said the insurance company failed to defend its own interests by entering a defense of the insured man.
"Geico did not take advantage of this opportunity, and instead denied coverage and refused to defend Insured," the opinion said.

It would appear that the Insurer failed to enter a defense in the court.
In which case - the court will often enter a "judgement in default".

Twice - I have taken cases to the Small Claims Court ... in both cases cases related to motoring.
On both occasions, the respondent has not responded to my claim for settlement, and they have not entered a defense.
In both cases the court has awarded a judgement in default in my favour.

I suppose the real question is whether the terms of the insurance covered such risk and subsequent loss.
It was really up to the insurer to appear in the court and deny liability ... Not the same as denying the facts of the claim.

The Gecko in the adverts speaks in an English accent is as daft as Meerkats speaking in a Russian accent. It's a world gone mad I tell you ! :banana:
You're right Pete.
Every day we are confronted with evidence of the utter dysfunctionality of the world around us.

Unbelievable an insurance company can be made to pay this compensation!!
I thought the judgement was particularly absurd in that the panel concluded that Geico was liable because they had an opportunity to argue a defence for their insured but failed to do so because they'd concluded that their policy didn’t provide cover against the risk. WTF?

I suspect a lack of imagination there. We managed quite well in the back of a Mini - a real one !

It's hard to explain "Ugandan discussions" to the next generation.

Cars were smaller in the 70's and 80's but we were young and believed the MG marketing department.

(Even after watching Dora Bryan and Frankie Howerd at the London Palladium - check out those posters)

Twenty years later things changed when Bill Clinton introduced American automotive tradition to the UK.

View attachment 128370

:banana:

ugandan-discussions-tshirt_design-1000x1000.jpg

I had a Morris 1800 and an Austin A30 when I was 17 and neither saw any action :(
Read your sentence back to yourself and then ask yourself why! No self-respecting young thing would want to be seen semi naked in either of those vehicles..... So your basic problem was dating gurls with a bit of self respect 😉

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom