Another karcher bites the dust

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mercmanuk

MB Enthusiast
Car
C180 AVANTGARDE SE SPORT GONE AND MISSED LANDROVER FREELANDER 2 LET IT SNOW LET IT SNOW LET IT SNOW
my karcher seems to have developt a fault,worked fine the last time i used it ,tried it today and it pulsing on and off,then after say 10 pulses or 15 seconds it works fine for a minute then starts to pulse again.theres no kinks in the water supply hose
any ideas what the fault may be!

FWIW , at Dads marinas we have a total of about 500/600 metres of hardwood pontoons approximately 7 feet wide , and we bought one of these two years ago from Machine Mart ..

http://www.machinemart.co.uk/shop/p...0psi/path/domestic-power-washers/brand/clarke

It's in pretty much constant use, cleaning the decking, washing off slime and bird poo and generally keeping everything clean ... Also used for washing boats and cars and just about everything ....

It's run on river water supplied by a pump sometimes (when we are in drought), sometimes on the normal tap and takes whatever we throw at it...

Never given us a days problem and it is in pretty much constant use ...

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to anyone !

Check the inlet filter where the hosepipe goes.
You need to unscrew the connector.

I have been using a Kränzle machine. It's the MB of pressure washers. Never had any problem.

I've had the same prob with all my previous Karcher's.

I think you must be one of the lucky ones if your Karcher actually works for long.

I've had the same prob with all my previous Karcher's.

I think you must be one of the lucky ones if your Karcher actually works for long.

My 1989 Karcher is still going strong.I seem to remember it was expensive in those days perhaps the build quality was better then.

adam

Had my Karcher for 5 years and in that time had a lot of use.

No problems at all as long as I do not use one of those waterstop hose connectors for teh water supply.

Have the same pulsing on/off problem too with my Karcher.

Good suggestion re the water-stop connector - I do use one. I'll try with normal connector next time, thanks Satch.

My Karcher pulses too but only when its not actually squirting pressurised water. Its fine unless you let go of the trigger, it also wont pick up cleaning solutions through its pick up.

I've just 'inherited' a Karcher (says "300" on it, IIRC) with no instructions, will have a play this weekend.

I have same issue with a K4.99, Karcher suggested it was an Airlock or sticky valve and recomended following.

Disconnect High Pressure hose from washer
Connect mains water supply
Let water run through washer freely for 5 mins (switched off)
Re-conncet high pressure hose and expell air
Turn on and all should be ok.
BUT
didn't fix mine
I have stripped down and can't find any thing wrong with valves or seals, looking to possibly replace cylinderhead (£11.99 from espares)
Espares.co.uk only sell genuine Karcher parts and also show exploded diagrams of ALL models

Tom

My Karcher is now about 14 years old and has never missed a beat. I bought it trade before the likes of B&Q and Homebase started selling them.

I have same issue with a K4.99, Karcher suggested it was an Airlock or sticky valve and recomended following.

Disconnect High Pressure hose from washer
Connect mains water supply
Let water run through washer freely for 5 mins (switched off)
Re-conncet high pressure hose and expell air
Turn on and all should be ok.
BUT
didn't fix mine
I have stripped down and can't find any thing wrong with valves or seals, looking to possibly replace cylinderhead (£11.99 from espares)
Espares.co.uk only sell genuine Karcher parts and also show exploded diagrams of ALL models

Tom

One thing that happens to Kärcher washes when they start pulsing after a couple of year is that they do not accept the full mains pressure, reducing the pressure via the house stopcock works well on the ones that I have including a 650 and a 110

I too have stripped them down and found nothing wrong

One thing that happens to Kärcher washes when they start pulsing after a couple of year is that they do not accept the full mains pressure, reducing the pressure via the house stopcock works well on the ones that I have including a 650 and a 110

I too have stripped them down and found nothing wrong

Throttling back the house stopcock doesnt reduce the pressure, it reduces the flow. To reduce pressure, you need to install a pressure reducing valve.

Throttling back the house stopcock doesnt reduce the pressure, it reduces the flow. To reduce pressure, you need to install a pressure reducing valve.

You are correct, but it works, this fault and cure works on the auto switch off in the handle moels

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom