Another MB Owner! :)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Blu-Ripper

Car
C220 AMG Sport ED Premium + CDA
Hi all,

Seeing as I'll probably be visiting here regularly, thought I'd post up a brief life story on how I've ended up here, as if we were up the pub chatting about it (over a lemonade, obviously).

Truth be told, I've never been the biggest MB fan. Maybe through the years always been the wrong market to get my full attention. Plus of late, I've had a bug bear with the 2 MB emblems on the front (bonnet and grill). Bonnet one should be optional IMHO. I've got past that now. Anyway..

Over the past year I've had the pleasure of being passenger in a few MB's, more recently a 400 mile round trip in my bro's '13 A180 AMG.

So, with a change in circumstances through job change, I had budget to get a nice car after years of only affording run arounds (bloody kids ;) ).

From years of abuse playing squash, my knee's are wrecked, so I'm now limited to auto's. Also, being 6' 4", comfort is important.

I had a week off work and I went car shopping with my wife, finding something I liked that was comfy and SUV/ 4X4 sort of size owing to the seating position. Initially I was looking at getting something new on lease. After narrowing down several cars through various test drives and dealer visits etc, a GLC AMG hit the top of the list, so off to the local MB dealers we went.

When we got there, I thought while here, won't hurt to sit in a few 'normal' cars, just to be nosey really. Well the 1st car was a 2015 W205 C220. I fell in it and within 5 seconds my head went to mush. I can tell within seconds if my knee is going to suffer, and after falling into it, I can only describe as getting into a human glove. What now?! 'Normal' cars weren't in the plan! Got my thoughts together and dismissed it and stuck to plan. Went in and spent a few hours with the GLC and discussing options (lease) of it. While sat there, I couldn't concentrate as I had 1 eye out the window looking at all the pre-owned cars on the forecourt.

We did the maths and I decided to go away and sleep on it, having originally gone there to sign the paperwork.

Before I'd even got home, the new though of owning something rather than giving it back was now firmly planted in my mind. Just to explain the lease thing, I didn't want the worry of cars breaking and having to foot repairs, as budget dictated something I liked would likely be out of warranty.

When I got home I went over my finances again and decided stuff it, lets see what pre-owned deals were about. The same dealership had a lovely black 3 year old W204 with 20k miles. Spent a few more days looking around and re-evaluating and decided to go back to the same dealer and look at the black one and see what deal they could do.

Got there, found it, fell in love. Before we went in to find a salesman, thought I'd just have a wonder round. Just as I was about to turn around and head inside, a white estate with a panoramic roof caught my eye, so I went for a quicker look. When I got to the car, I got butterflies, something I've not got from something of personal interest of success for a very long time. Had a look around it. I had to have it, knowing at the time it was another C220 AMG Estate, a year newer (2014) and waaaaaaaayyy over budget. But I already knew I had to have it. Salesman saw me drawling and came over and asked if I needed anyhelp. Well yes a tissue might help, and if you could move these other cars I've come to collect mine!

Well as it turns out, it's a W204 C220 AMG Auto, Registered May 2014, 10k miles and just about every toy on it.

Told the guy what I could afford, and I must say, they were brilliant. I know they want your business, but I really do feel Mercedes did everything could to ensure I could have the car. We agreed a price, did a deal on my old car, got a tonne of extra's thrown in and signed all the paperwork. It was mine.

It's currently back with them having the tracking sorted and the windows tinted to factory level (the latter part of the deal).

When it's back, I'll be having the chrome wrapped in gloss black, de-badge the boot and try find a gloss black star emblem for the boot to replace standard chrome one. So, if you're still with me, here it is!

mercedes_benz_c_class_1_l.jpg

mercedes_benz_c_class_2_l.jpg

mercedes_benz_c_class_3_l.jpg

mercedes_benz_c_class_7_l.jpg

mercedes_benz_c_class_10_l.jpg

Last edited:
That last pic reminded me, a C63 grill to come too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom