another member going MSL tomorrow..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kalvin928

Car
S205 C63s , Lotus Carlton replica, CLK 200 Kompressor
ok... never been before but decided it was worth it to make sure job was done right!! anyway great communication with MSL; only gave 1 days notice and they have fitted me in for ecu tune and dyno run for tomorrow morning!! is it best to fill up the car with higher octane stuff to get 'true' figures? I normally mix standard unleaded and then user the higher octane fuel whenever... or doesn't really have any bearing. thanks

ok just got msg from ACID.. better to go for V power... gather will still have some unleaded fuel in car when I get to B'Ham and will just top off with the higher rated stuff... oh well. thx

There's a Tesco on the A45 at Yardley, just towards Coventry from MSL. Only about 5 minutes away and you can fuel the car with 99RON. :)

I used to use 99 from Tesco all the time in my E55 - I wouldn't use anything else (except V Power if I couldn't buy the Tesco 99).

It would be better if you could use your fuel up so that it is mostly 99 in there. You will still have residual but better than a large mix of 95 with 99.

I used to use 99 from Tesco all the time in my E55 - I wouldn't use anything else (except V Power if I couldn't buy the Tesco 99).

It would be better if you could use your fuel up so that it is mostly 99 in there. You will still have residual but better than a large mix of 95 with 99.

VPOWER is also 99 RON isn't it John?

Rgr.

You should really be using V-Power all the time anyway, doesn't it say inside the filler cap to only use 98 or higher?

When I went to SRR there was a new-ish C63 that went on after me, the guy said he'd picked it up the day before and the MB dealer had given him a tank of fuel. Charlie tried about 5 runs and it kept hitting limp mode, only made 350 odd BHP. almost certainly a tank of Tesco crap was to blame.

Charlie tried about 5 runs and it kept hitting limp mode, only made 350 odd BHP. almost certainly a tank of Tesco crap was to blame.

Not sure it would cause limp mode.

Well no but missing, adjusting timing, general bad running. Presumably modern ECUs throttle back quite quickly to avoid knock.

I'm also there late morning afternoon so will probably see you there :)

I'm also there late morning afternoon so will probably see you there :)
Hi was yours the c63 estate? Apologies for not saying hi.... was engrossed with catching up with work on the laptop.

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk

ok... never been before but decided it was worth it to make sure job was done right!! anyway great communication with MSL; only gave 1 days notice and they have fitted me in for ecu tune and dyno run for tomorrow morning!! is it best to fill up the car with higher octane stuff to get 'true' figures? I normally mix standard unleaded and then user the higher octane fuel whenever... or doesn't really have any bearing. thanks
Ok what a day,!!! Got there bright and too early but sun was shinning. Anyway due to my e63 bi-turbo being prefacelift; we had option to 'flip' ecu board (tricky) or the drill method (safer)... so drill it was. Problems were that the car software has never been updated and Acid tried to apply a later software file from a similar car but car wouldnt start... so then had to get car taken to his brothers to get star to update to latest software. Car eventually came back to Acid and on the 2nd attempt the map was good. Allowing for the loss in not having the high octane fuel....wife filled car up 2 days ago with just unleaded... Acid estimated we had around 650bhp which is what i was hoping for. From being on the car on and off from 09.00 till 18.30; job was done.... thanks for members who strongly advised on getting MSL to do the map and dyno as i now know had i gone somewhere else then i would have been in dire situation. Anyway expecting to pay a discounted price of £100 for the primary software update..(on top of the map and dyno price); Acid waived it and apologised for the time.... the guy is the tops and as countless people have said; he goes out of his way and gives 100%..... added bonus is that driving back to Watford was great fun... special thanks to the X6, RR SVR!!!!

Lol no probs... have a fun day
Ah sorry my mistake I thought you were there tomorrow

Ok what a day,!!! Got there bright and too early but sun was shinning. Anyway due to my e63 bi-turbo being prefacelift; we had option to 'flip' ecu board (tricky) or the drill method (safer)... so drill it was. Problems were that the car software has never been updated and Acid tried to apply a later software file from a similar car but car wouldnt start... so then had to get car taken to his brothers to get star to update to latest software. Car eventually came back to Acid and on the 2nd attempt the map was good. Allowing for the loss in not having the high octane fuel....wife filled car up 2 days ago with just unleaded... Acid estimated we had around 650bhp which is what i was hoping for. From being on the car on and off from 09.00 till 18.30; job was done.... thanks for members who strongly advised on getting MSL to do the map and dyno as i now know had i gone somewhere else then i would have been in dire situation. Anyway expecting to pay a discounted price of £100 for the primary software update..(on top of the map and dyno price); Acid waived it and apologised for the time.... the guy is the tops and as countless people have said; he goes out of his way and gives 100%..... added bonus is that driving back to Watford was great fun... special thanks to the X6, RR SVR!!!!

Couldn't agree more, Acid was brilliant with mine too same year and model as yours but managed to sneak 683BHP out of it.

As you said great service and a nice result, could do with some tips on the cues and a recover of the table but thats life lol

Just out of interest , what power did yours make before the map ? Do you get told ?

Couldn't agree more, Acid was brilliant with mine too same year and model as yours but managed to sneak 683BHP out of it.

As you said great service and a nice result, could do with some tips on the cues and a recover of the table but thats life lol
Yep my problem was car was about 3/4 full unleaded... and it would have been nicer to have dyno sheet showing what the gains were with the higher octane fuel. Happy went for tune and dyno rather than racechip

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom