Another message!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Crazyfool

Car
(14) E350 AMG Sport Estate Obsidian Black & (16) E400 AMG Line Convertible White
I've worked out yellow messages are bad and red are really bad! Well luckily this time it's another yellow message,but I'm not sure whether I've resolved the issue myself.

My wife has the drivers seat up high where I have it in the floor. So while I was driving the message appeared. After reading the manual, we looked under the seat to discover I had crushed a bottle of water my son had left on the floor.

I took the car to the dealer and they've advise I book the car in, but since restarting the car the message hasn't reappeared!

I'm hoping the problem has gone away!

Attachments

• image-2941236372.jpg
    image-2941236372.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 112
I get that occasionally on my E63 and it always clears itself.

Favourite place for it to happen is exiting the local Sainsbury's carpark which is via a downward spiral ramp. Roughly 3 times in 10 I'll get the "beep" and the Pre-Safe functions limited" message. I either stop the engine, remove the key then restart and all is OK, or I often just drive on and in a couple of minutes the message clears and everything's working again.

Personally, I wouldn't worry about it unless it either starts to happen irritatingly often, or it becomes a "hard" fault.

st13phil said:
I get that occasionally on my E63 and it always clears itself. Favourite place for it to happen is exiting the local Sainsbury's carpark which is via a downward spiral ramp. Roughly 3 times in 10 I'll get the "beep" and the Pre-Safe functions limited" message. I either stop the engine, remove the key then restart and all is OK, or I often just drive on and in a couple of minutes the message clears and everything's working again. Personally, I wouldn't worry about it unless it either starts to happen irritatingly often, or it becomes a "hard" fault.

Thanks, I did wonder. It was sitting in the garage forecourt for a good 10 minutes, so I suppose the computer reset itself.

I once had a message telling me the offside dipped beam had failed. I managed to reset that message by installing a new lamp.

Rule of thumb is that if the message disappears on an engine restart, it probably isn't that serious, but if it becomes permanent, then get it checked out.

Engine electronics are no different to any other electronics, and they can all throw a wobbly from time to time. The amount of times I have to switch my DigiBox off because it becomes inoperable is indicative of modern technology, and my Samsung phone is no different. Occasionally it freezes completely, requiring me to remove the battery to restart it.

All within 3 days!

Discovered this morning I have punctures in both front tyres!

Attachments

• image-3114709450.jpg
    image-3114709450.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 52
  • image-419162796.jpg
    image-419162796.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 53
That message doesn't say you have a puncture. It shows the pressure is outside the limits set by the monitoring system. Either reset the system or out some air in ...

edc said:
That message doesn't say you have a puncture. It shows the pressure is outside the limits set by the monitoring system. Either reset the system or out some air in ...
Yeah, the driver tyre was down to half pressure after checking them before I left Cardiff on New Years Eve and as I left my sisters yesterday in Camberley, the passenger tyre rapidly went flat. I pumped it up straight away and it was almost flat again this morning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom