Another Mod Completed - AMG Rear Diffuser

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Yeah, without going off topic, pre-facelift is 6 pin, facelifted cars are 7 pin.

Tudu, car's looking fantastic. Although I'd also say that I think it would look nicer with the tail-lights in red, or lightly smoked. At the end of the day it's your car and if you're happy that's what counts...

I keep getting tempted with the quad exhaust :D Think I really need to lower mined first though...

Thanks for that, if i had known the 7 pin connector was available i might have kept the lights, and as i said earlier the white bits were smoked so it would have looked okay.

If you have the AMG bodykit there are many more options available, and of course with quad exhausts just seems to suit it. Problem i now have is deciding whether to remove the spare wheel well as this makes it difficult to bend pipes around and you can only choose certain tips. Would look a lot cleaner with spare wheel well gone plus the mufflers could be positioned in the right place with the tips attached to them.

Red with the white/clear bits smoked would be perfect IMHO and very OEM looking.

I have tried as above post explains. If i see the S Class style LED lights come up at a reasonable price again i might be tempted.

:devil: :) Leave the bloke alone tis his car and I bet he has customised it to just how he likes it.

I for one am looking forward to seeing this very unique car at this year's GTG.

I bet a bird strike by the local seagull squardon would stand out :devil:
Bird%20Strike.jpg

Thanks. Yes, really looking forward to local GTG, and of course meeting the local seagull population if they are anything like the ones here in Plymouth they seem to take a dislike to black cars. My car can be among a row of cars in a car park and be the only one that gets xxxx on.

Latest mod completed - rear AMG Diffuser brought through group buy MB World. Decided to keep it black rather than CF. Will take some better pics when i get chance to wash the car. Click to enlarge.

The diffusers are perfect..Do you mind me asking where you got them done..it is something i have been wanting to do for mine..yours is exactly what i am looking for..
your mods are very good..

The diffusers are perfect..Do you mind me asking where you got them done..it is something i have been wanting to do for mine..yours is exactly what i am looking for..
your mods are very good..

Thanks. I will post the contact details for the guy who makes them in Taiwan later as its on one of my other computers in work. Have you got the full W203 Kleemann performance kit or just the K box fitted?

Thanks. I will post the contact details for the guy who makes them in Taiwan later as its on one of my other computers in work. Have you got the full W203 Kleemann performance kit or just the K box fitted?

I got the full wack..K2 performance kit which is the Kbox,air filter, header.
will wait for later to get the rest of the exhaust either via Kleemann or Brabus or AMG muffler..all depending..although the quad piping and diffuser looks very yummy though..

Car is actually going back to Kleeman on Thursday..Exhaust was rattling slightly according to my dealer..might be due to settlement from original fit..Kleemann UK boss is personally picking it up and returning it..normally drop it at my local dealer and they come and do pickup and drop off..works out good and convenient..saves me a trip to mayfield..

Kleemann UK man Steen has been very good to me..very prompt in reply and always going out of his way in customer service..So i am very pleased..

Lovely looking diffuser - had you thought about having it sprayed body colour?

I've got something similar in CF on it's way in the next month or so ;)

...and Steen's having my car for a little something at the end of August :cool:

Car is actually going back to Kleeman on Thursday..Exhaust was rattling slightly according to my dealer..might be due to settlement from original fit..Kleemann UK boss is personally picking it up and returning it..normally drop it at my local dealer and they come and do pickup and drop off..works out good and convenient..saves me a trip to mayfield..

Kleemann UK man Steen has been very good to me..very prompt in reply and always going out of his way in customer service..So i am very pleased..

Steen's a nice guy once you get to know him, i brought my Kleemann header, cat and TS-7 wheels from him good deals as well. Please pass on my regards (Ossie) when you see him. I am getting my dual exhaust system re-done with C55 spare tyre well as the W203 is fitted to much over to the right of the car and i want a much cleaner finish with the back boxes at the rear instead of midway down the car. Once that job is completed then i will get round to fitting the Kleemann performance kit. Did you have yours dyno'd before and after? have you got the quoted 230BHP would be interested to know the results.

Haven't had it dyno'd yet - remap and airbox reputedly give me an extra 25 bhp and 15 bhp, but that's probably accumulative TBH.

As my car should be around 479 bhp stock, hope it'll be a few more than 230 after the Kleemann addition(s) :D

Lovely looking diffuser - had you thought about having it sprayed body colour?

I've got something similar in CF on it's way in the next month or so ;)

...and Steen's having my car for a little something at the end of August :cool:

Thanks, I think i have seen a C63 type CF diffuser fitted to E55 can't remember where, might have been MB World but it looked fantastic. As to painting mine, as i will be having some major work done to the rear of my car shortly i.e. C55 tyre well installed and a new dual exhaust system i will wait until all thats completed originally i was going to have mine covered in CF will decide once exhaust is completed, if not i am happy to leave it matt black.

Good luck with Steen, as i said in a previous post he's a decent guy once you get to know him - awaiting to hear what you are having done please post pics

Regards

Ossie.

Haven't had it dyno'd yet - remap and airbox reputedly give me an extra 25 bhp and 15 bhp, but that's probably accumulative TBH.

As my car should be around 479 bhp stock, hope it'll be a few more than 230 after the Kleemann addition(s) :D

Hi scorcher message was serenity777, as the 230BHP figure is for W203 with Kleeman header, cat and performance kit.

Agree that yours after being 'Kleemanised' will probably be well in excess of that even at stock 479 - nice.

Steen's a nice guy once you get to know him, i brought my Kleemann header, cat and TS-7 wheels from him good deals as well. Please pass on my regards (Ossie) when you see him. I am getting my dual exhaust system re-done with C55 spare tyre well as the W203 is fitted to much over to the right of the car and i want a much cleaner finish with the back boxes at the rear instead of midway down the car. Once that job is completed then i will get round to fitting the Kleemann performance kit. Did you have yours dyno'd before and after? have you got the quoted 230BHP would be interested to know the results.

Have not got it dynoed..had the performance kit fitted first..and then after a month, the header..the performance kit did a massive improvement to the torque..once the header was installed,the smoothness came in and the performance gain and torque increase made it very nice..no need to slam the paddle to the floor..just press the gas slightly and you see the rev's go up pretty quick..and you will then definately notice, Kbox is like the pandora's box..
It is such a buzz with some boys with their sooped up cars(not merc) at traffic lights..see them with massive exhaust and lowered springs and the usual big dice hanging from the rear mirrors..the kompressor kicks in and with kleemann masterpiece, they are left hanging wondering what the **** does that merc have under its hood..

although it is no match and massive respect to the E55 when it gets kleemanised..then when you turn the ignition, the display must say you drive now at your risk and hope you have a strong heart..
I drove a C55 before, it is the best,most adrenalin rush i had..although my heartbeat rose massively..maybe someday i will save up for a C63 or the next generation E class AMG..

Have not got it dynoed..had the performance kit fitted first..and then after a month, the header..the performance kit did a massive improvement to the torque..once the header was installed,the smoothness came in and the performance gain and torque increase made it very nice..no need to slam the paddle to the floor..just press the gas slightly and you see the rev's go up pretty quick..and you will then definately notice, Kbox is like the pandora's box..
It is such a buzz with some boys with their sooped up cars(not merc) at traffic lights..see them with massive exhaust and lowered springs and the usual big dice hanging from the rear mirrors..the kompressor kicks in and with kleemann masterpiece, they are left hanging wondering what the **** does that merc have under its hood..

although it is no match and massive respect to the E55 when it gets kleemanised..then when you turn the ignition, the display must say you drive now at your risk and hope you have a strong heart..
I drove a C55 before, it is the best,most adrenalin rush i had..although my heartbeat rose massively..maybe someday i will save up for a C63 or the next generation E class AMG..

Thanks for that. Will wait until i get the back end of my exhaust and trye well sorted then final job will be to fit the performance kit and dyno.

Regards

Hi scorcher message was serenity777, as the 230BHP figure is for W203 with Kleeman header, cat and performance kit.

Agree that yours after being 'Kleemanised' will probably be well in excess of that even at stock 479 - nice.

Whoops! My mistake :rolleyes:

Was considering Stage 2 - but even with an £1100 discount it was still well over £6k :eek:

So won't be going quite that far :D

Whoops! My mistake :rolleyes:

Was considering Stage 2 - but even with an £1100 discount it was still well over £6k :eek:

So won't be going quite that far :D

Good luck, cant wait to hear the results. Are you the first E55 AMG in UK to have Kleemann stage 2?

Regards

Good luck, cant wait to hear the results. Are you the first E55 AMG in UK to have Kleemann stage 2?

Regards

Can't afford Stage 2 quite yet - already have airbox and remap, so am just going for headers this time - I'd need the pulley to go official Stage 2.

I'l still be up another 40 bhp though :D

Can't afford Stage 2 quite yet - already have airbox and remap, so am just going for headers this time - I'd need the pulley to go official Stage 2.

I'l still be up another 40 bhp though :D

Wow, They should sound and look really nice on a V8, only problem the header (in my case) didn't stay shiny for long, but i still enjoy the sound even though its 4 cylinder.

Wow, They should sound and look really nice on a V8, only problem the header (in my case) didn't stay shiny for long, but i still enjoy the sound even though its 4 cylinder.

Yup,agree with the header..chrome just went and now it is more of a golden copper colour..same with the downpipe..
another thing, when you do the performance kit, get them to secure the kbox using heavy duty doublesided tape..they do it to the right side along where the battery is..if not, they will jsut leave it loose along that wide wall behind the battery which can be annoying if you go over rough road..

the next project will be in awhile which will be the rest of the exhaust system..cheapest option will be the AMG muffler..next will be the kleemann ..or what i am thinking of is the brabus back box..as it looks very good..black box with fantastic chrome or polished tubes..heard the brabus exhaust on a E200..it is glorious..

question is will it be a good idea with my kleemann header and downpipe and then do the rest in brabus..not sure what the kleemann backbox sounds like..dont want loud thunder..like the brabus deep deep deep hum and groul..
sort of comparing an alsation with a groul..or a chiwawa barking as loud as it can..u know what i mean..!!..want the presence making heads turn thinking respector rather than heads turning thinking "****"..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom