Another Mod Completed - AMG Rear Diffuser

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Yup,agree with the header..chrome just went and now it is more of a golden copper colour..same with the downpipe..
another thing, when you do the performance kit, get them to secure the kbox using heavy duty doublesided tape..they do it to the right side along where the battery is..if not, they will jsut leave it loose along that wide wall behind the battery which can be annoying if you go over rough road..

the next project will be in awhile which will be the rest of the exhaust system..cheapest option will be the AMG muffler..next will be the kleemann ..or what i am thinking of is the brabus back box..as it looks very good..black box with fantastic chrome or polished tubes..heard the brabus exhaust on a E200..it is glorious..

question is will it be a good idea with my kleemann header and downpipe and then do the rest in brabus..not sure what the kleemann backbox sounds like..dont want loud thunder..like the brabus deep deep deep hum and groul..
sort of comparing an alsation with a groul..or a chiwawa barking as loud as it can..u know what i mean..!!..want the presence making heads turn thinking respector rather than heads turning thinking "****"..

I didn't stick with the Kleemann back box although i have heard that it sounds nice. As to loudness of system, thats one reason why i am deciding to go the C55 back boxes route. The Kleemann header and cat is damm good but it defo needs taming down a bit. I ordered all the C55 parts today from local dealer should be in next Thursday as they have to come from Germany. Will fit and let you know.

You will need to check out a few back boxes first, and decide which one you like. A good centre (i always use Longlife) should then be able to tune the exhaust to your specifications.

PS thanks for the tip on the K Box, always wondered where that was secured.

Regards.

Hi scorcher and tudu..mr steen says to convey his regards, spoke to him today..got my exhaust tightened up and it is sweet..He also said to fit the kleemann exhaust, doubt it will fit nice with the trapezoid to the W203 AMG bumper..I would need the kleeman bumper with the diffuser..So now, i doubt i will go that route as dont want changing my lovely AMG bumper ..next will be brabus or AMG and will definately consider eiserman..

how is the eisimann on idle..low slow speed..town..is it loud or more of a brabus humm..I know some of you like the loud window shatter noise..i like the deep hum ...

will research more and decide..not sure how much brabus will charge as well..and will i need centre and back box or will the just the back box suffice..will get my local brighton dealer fit it..

Hi scorcher and tudu..mr steen says to convey his regards, spoke to him today..got my exhaust tightened up and it is sweet..He also said to fit the kleemann exhaust, doubt it will fit nice with the trapezoid to the W203 AMG bumper..I would need the kleeman bumper with the diffuser..So now, i doubt i will go that route as dont want changing my lovely AMG bumper ..next will be brabus or AMG and will definately consider eiserman..

how is the eisimann on idle..low slow speed..town..is it loud or more of a brabus humm..I know some of you like the loud window shatter noise..i like the deep hum ...

will research more and decide..not sure how much brabus will charge as well..and will i need centre and back box or will the just the back box suffice..will get my local brighton dealer fit it..

If it was the part where the cat downpipe joins up with the exhaust pipe i had the same problem, with it blowing and have had a new clamp and tightened up seems a problem with the cat bedding in after a few months.

Yes, Steen told me the same thing regarding fitting Kleemann body kit and box, and i also did not want to cut up my AMG bumper to fit the trapezoid tip. As you already know the Kleeaman header and cat is loud in its standard form so i would choose wisely. I have removed the OEM centre cat and replaced it with 3-in-line mufflers fitted then the Y pipe and tips and that is still quite loud hence, as i said i am now going down the C55 exhaust route. At the end of the day only you can decide on the sound you want, and if your dealer is good they should advise you and tune the exhaust to how you want it to sound. Let us know how you get on.

rear diffuser

Hey bro the car looks clean as hell... I have CLK 500 and i have been looking everywhere to get the rear Diffuser. If you dont mind me asking, where did you get it from? and how much was it? All the ones that I find are over seas and they are expensive (1000-1500 US dollars)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom