Another Mod Completed - AMG Rear Diffuser

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tudu

MB Enthusiast
Car
05 C200K Sport Edition (Kleemann)
Latest mod completed - rear AMG Diffuser brought through group buy MB World. Decided to keep it black rather than CF. Will take some better pics when i get chance to wash the car. Click to enlarge.

Looks good, probably looks better "in real life", pics rarely do justice.

That said I'm afraid IMHO your car is in danger of becoming possibly "too" stealth/black and a bit of chrome from the ol' tailpipes and a bit of red from the rear lamps might break it up a bit! ;)

Here are some more pics after wash down. Unfortunately my CF grille was part-destroyed by a bird (flying kind) so had to strip down and spray old sports grille black awaiting a laser-cut Kleemann symbol in stainless steel to replace the star.

Thought about painting the diffuser flat silver, not sure welcome comments. Below are pics - click on to enlarge.

Great mod! - now get those tails back to OEM ;)

Ha Ha i was waiting for that one. Actually i nearly switched to S Class style LED tailights but the connector was wrong only fitted pre-facelift so sold them on. Shame as the 4 white bands were smoked and the red standard OEM. Would have looked quite nice otherwise.

Wow. what a car.

Really stealthy. I like it. Looks evil and mean.:devil:

Looks good, probably looks better "in real life", pics rarely do justice.

That said I'm afraid IMHO your car is in danger of becoming possibly "too" stealth/black and a bit of chrome from the ol' tailpipes and a bit of red from the rear lamps might break it up a bit! ;)

Yes i agree :)

Somehow 'Stealth' is not the first word that comes to mind.:) :)

You are clearly someone that takes a pride in their car and enjoys customizing it to your own tastes.

Well done and thanks for sharing the pictures

Regards
John

where did you get the carbon bumper trim,instead of the normal chrome?

where did you get the carbon bumper trim,instead of the normal chrome?

Replied in 'Dechroming' thread. Its actually CF vinyl from a sheet cut to fit and then tucked in behind chrome trim, then sprayed with 2 coats of clearcoat.

Ha Ha i was waiting for that one. Actually i nearly switched to S Class style LED tailights but the connector was wrong only fitted pre-facelift so sold them on. Shame as the 4 white bands were smoked and the red standard OEM. Would have looked quite nice otherwise.

You could have swapped out the connectors or replaced the loom, like I did to get the 7 pin lights to fit & work on mine...

Still have my old 6 pin connector loom somewhere if you decide to go down that route again!

You could have swapped out the connectors or replaced the loom, like I did to get the 7 pin lights to fit & work on mine...

Still have my old 6 pin connector loom somewhere if you decide to go down that route again!

Thanks. Can't remember if it was a six pin and the pre-facelift was 5 pin, or 7 to 6 pin. The LED lights were quite nice but sold them on to someone with a pre-facelift in Watford last weekend. They connected straight in no errors either.

Again

I appreciate what you guys can do to your cars :)

Not to my taste as I like the chrome bits but Bullet 'like' I guess....

Good work though

Again

I appreciate what you guys can do to your cars :)

Not to my taste as I like the chrome bits but Bullet 'like' I guess....

Good work though

Thanks. I did keep the chrome MB stars on the wheels... dead easy to keep clean and polished.

Looks great. Nice work fella. :cool:

Thanks. Can't remember if it was a six pin and the pre-facelift was 5 pin, or 7 to 6 pin. The LED lights were quite nice but sold them on to someone with a pre-facelift in Watford last weekend. They connected straight in no errors either.

Yeah, without going off topic, pre-facelift is 6 pin, facelifted cars are 7 pin.

Tudu, car's looking fantastic. Although I'd also say that I think it would look nicer with the tail-lights in red, or lightly smoked. At the end of the day it's your car and if you're happy that's what counts...

I keep getting tempted with the quad exhaust :D Think I really need to lower mined first though...

:devil: :) Leave the bloke alone tis his car and I bet he has customised it to just how he likes it.

I for one am looking forward to seeing this very unique car at this year's GTG.

I bet a bird strike by the local seagull squardon would stand out :devil:
Bird%20Strike.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom