Another new guy

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kanep250

Car
2013 E250 Convertible CDI
Bought 2013 E250 Convertible CDI Blueefficiency last week for my wife. First MB we have had, i am just over the moon tbh. Wish i had changed to MB earlier in life for her, as its a total joy to drive. So much so i will be getting rid of mine at the end of the year and getting a MB also myself.

Only had one issue since purchase and thats a common one it seems on these forums, reference the Parking release mechanism, just took it back to the garage who is replacing the mechanism. I will check if they actually replaced it or just lubricated the rubbing points of the springs etc as per the lovely image from a thread you guy posted.

Now just got to work out how to use the electronic tyre pressure checker/reset, presume its like my old BMW and lads focus, in that you fill up your tyres to correct pressure and then reset it etc on the dash until it triggers a check again... head in manual tonight or youtube.

Welcome, nice car!

Welcome to the forum,bad luck about the parking brake good news it is being put right by the garage,now these cars like the S mercedes have a column gear selector and if you look it says P if you press the end ,now I would suggest that the person who owned your car before always used this to park the car and ignored the electric parking brake ,and so without use it gets sticky and gives up the ghost,when you get the car back always use it and it should not be a problem.

Mechanism was replaced on the parking release, now almost dont need to touch it and its instantly off, £300 paid by trader, very happy and its a lovely car, really can't fault this car.

Welcome, sounds a nice car and a good garage that sold it

Welcome :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom