Another New Newbie

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
If you look at the posts on the threads you will see that some of the chain problems commenced early on, as did the injector problems so mileage, or lack of mileage is no guarantee that all is well.

I do not know if anybody did a poll on timing chain problems but there are many posters across the various Mb forums who have had problems, so it is safe to say that it is an issue.

The only safe way to modify the problem is by changing to a duplex system and that is improbable, if not impossible or prohibitive cost wise.

have a look at grobers post above.

In the end of the day be savvy when buying. make sure the engine is cold and listen for a few seconds of rattle when it is started.

Open the bonnet, use a thin coin to turn the front clip of the plastic cover to the left, lift the cover and pull it forwards to remove it.

Have a look at the tag on the ecm as previously pointed out and if it says "solenoid" you are ok injector wise.

Apparently some chain problems only show up immediately after an oil change so it may be prudent to insist that the seller does an oil change prior to hand over of the car.

Its having a full service and auto oil change. It comes with 1 year parts and labour warranty which I can increase to 3 years of course for a fee.

I’ll take a look at the items pointed out before I pay for the car just in case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Might be wise to get the three year warranty. get a copy of the warranty before you collect the car and read it thoroughly and see what is covered and what is not covered.

For instance Kia offer a seven year warranty so you may think you have no problems for seven years but the reality is far different.

wear and tear is not covered. so what is wear and tear. 60,000 miles on a clutch; same on suspensions etc. etc. etc. etc.

Is there a limit on mileage; does it have to be serviced by the garage selling the car to you and if so, at what cost.?
what is regarded as wear and tear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom