Another Newbie :D

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MBK

Hi All,

I'm new to the forum i signed up a while ago but just been browsing but i thought i'd just introduce myself now.

Names Kully i own a 96 C124 i'll try get some pics up of it if i can not sure if you need to have a certain amount of post before you can.

- Kully

Last edited:
more pics

the last one is the car before the re spray and with my other set of alloys on. and without the AMG rear bumper.

Last edited:
What a lovely car!

Love it.

Welcome to the mad house, Kully.

That's a lovely E Coupe you've got there :rock:
[nerd mode] Is it the E220? (I think I see a 150mph speedo) [/nerd mode]
What options does she have?
And 1996....that's a very example, too :)

Darren

Hi from another newbie :)

Got to love the C124 - most elegant of any MB coupe, and by a country mile. The proportions are perfect.

Can I ask a Q: how did you get the respray done? I presume it wasn't a bare metal respray, so can you explain how they do it and give me an idea of cost?

Welcome to the mad house, Kully.

That's a lovely E Coupe you've got there :rock:
[nerd mode] Is it the E220? (I think I see a 150mph speedo) [/nerd mode]
What options does she have?
And 1996....that's a very example, too :)

Darren

yes its the e220 for the time being just looking for a good garage to put in a m104 320 engine plus gearbox. Will i need to change the clocks too?

Hi from another newbie :)

Got to love the C124 - most elegant of any MB coupe, and by a country mile. The proportions are perfect.

Can I ask a Q: how did you get the respray done? I presume it wasn't a bare metal respray, so can you explain how they do it and give me an idea of cost?

Hi,
This wasnt a full back to metal job, the paint was in excellent condition the car just had a jealousy scratch on the driver side rear qaurter.

I prepped the car myself stripped it of all the mouldings and bumpers, lights, mirrors badges everything. just keyed it down 1200 wet and dry, noticed there were a few rusty bits developing on fornt wings so adressed these then etch primer on top of bare metal bits, then rubbed down again the 2 pack primer all over rubbed down again and sent it on its way to the paint shop. they done their bit they also sprayed my new AMG rear bumper and all other bits too. in all they charged 700 and i bought my own paints (£400 including clear paint was roughly £55 a litre) its a different shade of Azurite to the one that was on the car before but i think it looks nicer it really shines in the sun and at night looks really moody.

Thanks

Kully

Will i need to change the clocks too?

I'm not a mechanic, but I gues you would have to change them.
The E320 came with a 160mph, and the red line in the rev counter will be different.

I'm sure one of our more mechanical-minded bods can correct me if I'm wrong :)

Darren

I'm not a mechanic, but I gues you would have to change them.
The E320 came with a 160mph, and the red line in the rev counter will be different.

I'm sure one of our more mechanical-minded bods can correct me if I'm wrong :)

Darren

Yeah i bought the 320 engine and gearbox a month ago saw it running before it was removed from the car so its good, but just looking for a good mechanic to put it in.

I will look for a set of 320 clocks now :D

I will look for a set of 320 clocks now :D

It may be worth contacting a forum member, aka$h. I know a while back he was selling some E320 Coupe parts that did include an instrument binnicale for an E320 (5-speed gearbox model, only though).
If yours is a 5-speed, he may still have it available. If not, he's a top chap and may be able to help.

Darren

As Inspector Barnaby of Midsomer says,

'Ahh Kully, what are your doing here?'

Nice car you have there Kully, and welcome to the forum.

Mate your car looks great, even on the azevs.
And i think you will get loadsa help here, looks like you already have.
Did you find it hard to get parts, eg. amg bumper?

My next purchase will be a W124 and i am eager to source parts prior to buying the vehicle.

That is a lovely looking coupe, and probably/is a future classic.

Welcome to the forum Kully. Your car look great and very familier, looks like I have seen it around a few times. Also have you thought about getting an avantgarde grill insert ?

Mate your car looks great, even on the azevs.
And i think you will get loadsa help here, looks like you already have.
Did you find it hard to get parts, eg. amg bumper?

My next purchase will be a W124 and i am eager to source parts prior to buying the vehicle.

The front AMG bumper came with the car and i bought the rear bumper which happens to be genuine thinking it was a replica (found the AMG stamp after washing it down) along with some zender side skirts for £90 sold the side skirts for £60. but finding AMG parts e.g. bumpers and side skirts is very hard i've just been lucky. but im sure if you wait for them they'll turn up.

Kully

Welcome to the forum Kully. Your car look great and very familier, looks like I have seen it around a few times. Also have you thought about getting an avantgarde grill insert ?

I have tried looking for a AG grille but cant seem to track one down, plus mate bought one from ebay and its abit flimsy. But yeah you may have seen me around west london ways. where you from?:bannana:

Hi and welcome. Your car looks really good.
Jim.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom