.....another Nokia 6310i problem.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Wunderpartz

Evenin' all.
Apologies if anyone is getting bored with phone threads but I have searched high and low for the answer on existing ones.

I have an 03 build W220 S320 Cdi. One of the option codes is '854' which refers to the car being capable of running a 6310i phone in the factory fitted cradle within the arm rest.

So, in the interests of safety I bought a 'new' 6310i via ebay.
Charged phone and fitted it into the cradle.
"phone not plugged in" was displayed in the dash and comand screen.
Turned off the ignition, tried again, "initialising" was now displayed but then 5 seconds later "phone not plugged in"
The phone sits snugly into the cradle with no bent contacts, it even displays the little car icon on the screen but alas, no marriage between the phone and car.
I have checked the software version on the phone and it is version 7 which I believe is the latest software.
Common sense would suggest that the car should work with this phone as it was supplied from factory with the appropriate hardware so the 'PSE' should be correct aswell as the cradle.
Where do I go from here?
Anyone got any ideas? Would a quick scan on the STAR machine help?
Thanks.

Not sure when the 6310i became standard but my '02 W220 came with a 6210. Had to upgrade the PSE to use the 6310i.

Look under the back seat - it has catches at the edges which you push in (feel around the corners) whilst you pull up the seat at the front

There you will find the PSE, which is a black box 1 inch thick, about 3" x 6"

Let us know the part number ...

Richard

Theres a trick to getting them up - once youve done it once its easy !! just push around the corner of the seat in the lower half from memory

R

I looked under the rear seat drivers side.
All that was on top of the guard plate was a control unit 2118209126. I don't think this is the one?

Do I need to remove the plate to access the PSE ?

Tx

I looked under the rear seat drivers side.
All that was on top of the guard plate was a control unit 2118209126. I don't think this is the one?

Do I need to remove the plate to access the PSE ?

Tx

Yes, it is on the underside of the plate.

so is A 203 820 99 26 a newer number compatible with the 6310i ?

.......just checked on mercupgrades site and it would appear that the correct PSE is fitted.
Out of ideas now............................ anybody??
:confused:

.......just checked on mercupgrades site and it would appear that the correct PSE is fitted.
Out of ideas now............................ anybody??
:confused:

Can you check the N6310i SW version? I've seen this "initialising" error, it could have been from an old phone SW or the control box.

I'm not sure if N6310i already follows the now standard *#0000# key sequence to show the SW status?

Hi DB

Yes the version is '7.00'
04-11-04
NPL-1

if that means anything to you.
Thanks

This is the latest on the list of SW versions MB recommends for the 6310i phone. Starts to be odd if the PSE was 6310i capable.

Does STAR examine the phone on a scan?

Does STAR examine the phone on a scan?

Not the phone really but others here would know how far it can diagnose the connections. Which reminds me about poor connector pins, these are often a bit bent or a bit dirty, blocking good connection. The phone easily charges the battery but you could carefully clean contacts on both sides and check that the cradle connector pins are all straight, if you have not done that already.

Tried cleaning the terminals, no joy.
Strangely the phone does not charge when in the cradle.

I'm just guessing here, but it's sounding like the cradle is dead if the phone isn't even charging.

I also guess this cradle pre-dates the UHI plug in cradles, but how does it connect to the wiring in the armrest? The must be a connector and in moving parts like armrests that could easily become dislodged - can you see the wiring to physically check it?

Have you tried another 6310i? Even with the old PSE all phones were charging.

Yes, also a 6310i would start charging if put on a 6210 or similar cradle.

What about a fuse? Did the car have some other devices on the MOST ring, shouldn't the ring die if the PSE lost power?

You might measure the power and ground pins from the cradle, better get the phone charging first and then start to worry about the rest of the pins. Do you need help with the cradle pin numbers to find the power and ground pin?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom