Another (not so) New E55 owner..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

E55 BBA

Car
E55
Having lurked around for a while I thought it was about time I made an introduction..
I've owned my E55 for about a year, unfortunately I was involved in the Eurocharged Watford shambles and my car spent a long time there.Not wishing to resurrect any of what has been said before my car ended up needing an engine rebuild thanks to their neglegence..that's all been done now and it's now getting towards being the car I wanted.
As you could probably guess while the engine was apart it received a few mods..it now has polished and ported heads, Eurocharged tubular exhaust manifolds with sports cats, x pipe and sports rear boxes.
To keep things cool it has an uprated charge cooler with Bosch 010 pump.
New brakes, rear shocks and new wheels and tyres complete the picture.
It's off to MSL next week for a smaller pulley and remap so we'll see if all the effort is worthwhile..watch this space..
Couple of thank you's: Acid at MSL, who is an all round top guy and offered parts and encouragement when I'd just about given up..and Steve and the guys at Autoclass in Milton Keynes who rebuilt the engine and did all the other work, look no further if you need your car well looked after by people who really know what they are doing..

Last edited:
Welcome along to the E55 madness. Sounds like it's going to be a complete weapon. Good luck with it!

Hopefully going forwards everything should be less stressful and a lot calmer (until you press the loud pedal that is!)

It may even be the case that at some point i spot you as you are not a million miles away from me (Northants) :D

Looking like an E55 will be my next car. Two on this forum I'm currently considering...it's just buying one that isn't going to break me I guess..

Looking like an E55 will be my next car. Two on this forum I'm currently considering...it's just buying one that isn't going to break me I guess..

I'd never put anyone off owning an E55 but having read your other post I would tread cautiously. I worked in the MB dealer network for many years and lost count of the amount of customers I saw who were unprepared for the running cost of this type of car.
Others have itemised the costs involved, add the thick end of £100 worth of super unleaded every time you visit a fuel station, tyres at £200 each...if this even remotely worries you then think carefully about whether this is the car for you.
If you take the plunge then enjoy...it's a great car!

I'd never put anyone off owning an E55 but having read your other post I would tread cautiously. I worked in the MB dealer network for many years and lost count of the amount of customers I saw who were unprepared for the running cost of this type of car.
Others have itemised the costs involved, add the thick end of £100 worth of super unleaded every time you visit a fuel station, tyres at £200 each...if this even remotely worries you then think carefully about whether this is the car for you.
If you take the plunge then enjoy...it's a great car!

£2k PA contingency, same as for a 996 turbo or an older Audi RS - expensive to buy new = expensive to maintain
Not the same as unreliable, mine starts like clockwork but they are not cheap to run properly.

Excellent choice of car and engine. Loving the grille and mods you're going to do!

Haha! You go buddy, just don't touch the exhaust! :thumb:

Excellent choice of car and engine. Loving the grille and mods you're going to do!

Thanks! The grille was fitted by the previous owner..tbh wasn't sure about it but I think it's a keeper..will post more about the mods after a visit to MSL next week..

hopefully things will work out now, Acid is a top guy.

Great car, hope all your woes are far behind!

Collected the E55 from MSL today after Acid and his team worked their magic..its now making 550bhp and I'm one very happy person
After all the disappointments that have gone before the car us now as it should be and I intend to enjoy every second of driving it.

A big thank you once again to Acid and his team for their perseverance and attention to detail,an absolute top bunch of guys

Collected the E55 from MSL today after Acid and his team worked their magic..its now making 550bhp and I'm one very happy person
After all the disappointments that have gone before the car us now as it should be and I intend to enjoy every second of driving it.

A big thank you once again to Acid and his team for their perseverance and attention to detail,an absolute top bunch of guys

Nice. 84mm pulley?

What power did it make at the wheels?

Good to hear she's running and making good power. :thumb:

Good to hear you have the troubles behind you. Nice work from the two companies to get you back on track. Enjoy.

Is your car happening still Alx?

Thanks Alex, the car will be at Autoclass next Monday if you wanted to collect your data?

Much appreciated P. Will coordinate with Autoclass on the day. :thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom