Another Olympic Games shambles ...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

LTD

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Polo GTi (and a travel pass for the train and subway)
Tonight's game of football at Hampden has been delayed as the North Korean team are refusing to play.

They have my sympathy.

Downside is that I reckon I'm within the blast zone of the nuclear warhead that will no doubt be en route ...

Ayq5yXACEAAtskp.jpg

:doh:

Why is the NK team refusing to play ?

At least they got the National Anthems right.

Imagine if they mixed them up too ............

A Zionist plot, no doubt.

That's the SFA for you...

Amazingly, nothing to do with the SFA as it's all done by the London Olympic Games Organisation Committee.

I am at a loss why a large section of the country seems to be getting excited by this blatant slice of profiteering.

I mean people are going to be frisked to stop them taking in food and drink. Even down to having EMPTY bottles taken of them so they cant refill them.

Its about 10% sport, 90% business.

I am at a loss why a large section of the country seems to be getting excited by this blatant slice of profiteering.

I mean people are going to be frisked to stop them taking in food and drink. Even down to having EMPTY bottles taken of them so they cant refill them.

Not sure about that, I might try it tomorrow.

I wonder, would Team GB have refused to play if the Irish flag had accidentally been displayed against their team members? Or would they just have laughed it off?

While I agree this is an embarrassing mistake for LOCOG to make, the histrionic reaction of the NK team is uncalled for - surely the mark of an insecure nation?

MOCAŠ said:
I wonder, would Team GB have refused to play if the Irish flag had accidentally been displayed against their team members? Or would they just have laughed it off?

While I agree this is an embarrassing mistake for LOCOG to make, the histrionic reaction of the NK team is uncalled for - surely the mark of an insecure nation?

Somehow I don't think the Eire/UK situation is anything near the Korean divide ...

Can't ever remember the UK considering nuclear options ....

Somehow I don't think the Eire/UK situation is anything near the Korean divide ...

Can't ever remember the UK considering nuclear options ....

Is that why they refused to play? Not just a hissy fit, then?

Weirdly, knives, guns and CS gas are banned...

Olympicsecurity.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom