Another one bites the dust........

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jukie

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
MY11 E350 CDi Avantgarde
Harsh economic reality has bitten me hard and sadly, head has finally won over heart.

My 12-year association with our beloved marque has reached a hiatus.

I get my "new" vehicle tomorrow. It's just a car, right?

If you'll still welcome me, I'll visit daily, chipping in where and when I feel appropriate, even if my judgement is at times awry! :crazy:

When the time is right, I will return to the fold. Once bitten...... :rock:

It's never 'just a car', D.

Skoda make some decent vehicles, and they've been doing it for longer than most (not MB, obviously). ;)

Sorry to hear you've moved on, albeit hopefully temporarily.
Glad to hear you've (presumably) sold the E class.
Pleased to hear you'll stick around.:)

PJ

The more Skodas I ride in (generally taxis in Europe) the more I am considering steering my girlfirend that way instead of paying a premium for the VW/Audi equivalent when she changes car.

I am a terror for sometimes making jokes about Skoda, but the reality is:

Mercedes-Benz take advantage of a reputation they arguably no longer deserve, Skoda have problems shaking off a reputation they definitely do NOT deserve! :)

Skoda have some very nice, reliable vehicles which might not even have the terrible corrosion problems that we are regularly reading about on this forum?

Good luck with the car and please keep us informed of your experiences (sales staff etc)

John the Skoda fan

better to have loved and lost than to never have loved at all ....

Skodas rock , good choice dude :) a wee fabia VRS is my back to reality car should the occasion present itself :D

Cheers all for your kind comments. I was originally looking at a VW, at least wishing to drive a German car. All reports, etc said look at Seat or Skoda, they natutrally being cheaper VW's. This Octavia fitted the bill nicely and there was no problem putting mine in part-ex.

Car is hopefully coming on Wednesday. I should have done a straight swap on Saturday but my replacement was still in the workshop being serviced and MOT'd. Transpires it needs new tyres and a couple of roll-bar bushes. I'll get a full list of the work carried out.

Experience so far of Skoda staff has been very good. Friendly, have called back when they said and kept me informed. First time I set foot in the place, two people asked me if I wanted a coffee and I heard a third person ask one of the others if I'd been offered a drink! Having arranged my insurance for last Saturday, they immediately and without prompting offered me a car until mine is ready.

It's just over four years old (feb 02) with 41k on the clock and a full dealer history from Telford's (Carlisle's Skoda dealership). They sold the car from new, have taken it back twice in part-ex for new Skodas and so I'm their third customer for this car. It will be interesting to see what their service charges are.

I'll keep you all informed of the progress, etc.

Going well so far. Enjoyable to drive, forward visibilty very good, so far averaging 58 mpg. according to the on-board computer, which may not be 100% accurate! :D

Rear vis ain't so good but I have reversing sensors which I discovered the first time I, er well, reversed!

Was told I'm not due for a pit stop for another 20k but the oil will be changed well before then. However, cambelt due for change then too (£350 :eek:) so perhaps may change vehicle at 59k ;) lol

All in all, I'm very pleased and so is my bank balance. :rock:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom