Another one bites the dust...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I think everyone has friends out of work at the moment. You never know, might turn out to be positive.

Bumped into Steve today round at 124 Works (Hobnobs still on back order, IBW has no shame) There is no way anyone will get or keep Gollom down. Good Luck Steve and same applies to every one else who is looking over their shoulder or in the classifieds right now.

Know how you feel mate, I have just been made redundant an hour ago, hell of a surprise :( not brilliant timing for anyone!

Happy new year hey?! hahahaha! :eek:

Sadly we will probably read many similar posts before the countries/words economies pick up again. Those who run the banks and financial sectors have a hell of a lot to answer for.

Yes, you do sound like a very positive person. Every Cloud + Silver Lining and all that. Good luck to you both

Have been made redundant twice so far and in both cases it was good for me, as it enabled me to look at what I was doing and where i was going and take a step up the career ladder (ended up taking roles at a similar level to my previous boss).

Most important this is a positive outlook which you obviously have.

Not sure how accurate it is but was told that approx. 30% of people had been made redundant.

Good luck

Nick

Sorry to hear this Steve,

I can't think of any work we have that would suit you, and its a really rubbish place to live round here, but I will rummage through our vacancy page and see if anything might be of use and pass it on. Least ways, if you get something that puts you on for a few months, that would be better than Maccys D's.

Mind you, I have seen your cullinery skills. Maybe thats the avenue you should explore. Set up outside of 124Works and away you go.

All the best anyhow.

We're clearly both nuts, so we're friends then? :devil: ;) :D

I have no friends.

I have to come on here to this very forum, to be amongst people with my like minded ways. You know, others with no friends....:(

I even started a group on face book specifically for people like me!

Strangely, very few others have joined it.......

Having spoken today and last night you know my sentiments. You will hit a patch of utter depression. You will want to take it out on someone. Please don't take it out on family. You want to have a rant, cup of coffee, help or honesty. Give me a call or just drop in and I don't just mean work. You know where I live.

Best of luck to you - If they had the same main customers they had when I worked there the downturn will be hitting them hard, shame you have to lose your job though.

Hope you find something soon - if you're stuck in between and fancy going alone feel free to call me for a chat sometime!

Having spoken today and last night you know my sentiments. You will hit a patch of utter depression. You will want to take it out on someone. Please don't take it out on family. You want to have a rant, cup of coffee, help or honesty. Give me a call or just drop in and I don't just mean work. You know where I live.

Very good advice, don't bottle it up just rant and rave at me anytime you get the urge.;)

Bummer........................

I feel for you and just hope you get a new position sooner rather than later.

You forgot to add that you have also featured on TV :)

Good luck

Yours sincerely
John

You will want to take it out on someone.
You know where I live.

Is that an offer open to all....:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom