Another pampering by George Fraser.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Sp!ke

Administrator
Car
SL500 & The Fart Car
I took my car in for another service at George Frasers on Saturday.

My car had developed a rattle over the last few months that was really bugging me. I can best describe the noise as a sort of diesely metallic rattling which occured at sub-1000 rpm with the engine under load i.e. just at pull away.

Originally I thought it was detonation but after a couple of hours with my head in the engine bay I pretty much narrowed it down to the belt tensioner assembly - or thereabouts.

Sure enough, George pinpointed the problem, and the tensioner and its shock absorber) (yep its definately got one) were replaced (£80) and bingo, loverly & quiet again, in fact, quieter than it had ever been for the entire duration of my ownership.

George then gave the car a clean bill of health for my drive to Croatia next weekend and now I'm well chuffed. :) :)

Yes, i think it will be george to the rescue for me too, carb seems to be playin up after a manifold change, cant seem to set it right...

Had a major service on my Benz on Thursday by George.....Once again top service, an E-Class courtesy car and a bill for £410. which i think is excellent...

Also included new gearbox oil and filter (so much smoother now)

Top marks again!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom