Another parking ticket..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

malluboy77

SUPPORTER
Car
S204 250CGI Sport
I had stayed in a motorway travelodge with free parking for a night a fortnight back. I had identified my car at check in on the CCTV images for parking to be validated. Now here comes the parking ticket for having parked for 13 hours. The company is called CP Plus.

Having read previous discussions on this forum, I feed I should ignore this letter. But my heart goes out to challenge them in writing with evidence of the travelodge booking :mad:

Any suggestions would be welcome.

Or ring the Travelodge and get them to deal with it...it's what I would do.

The only parking charges enforceable in law are those issued by a local authority (council) or the police.

I had stayed in a motorway travelodge with free parking for a night a fortnight back. I had identified my car at check in on the CCTV images for parking to be validated. Now here comes the parking ticket for having parked for 13 hours. The company is called CP Plus.

Having read previous discussions on this forum, I feed I should ignore this letter. But my heart goes out to challenge them in writing with evidence of the travelodge booking :mad:

Any suggestions would be welcome.
Have a look on here for all the help you need
PePiPoo: Helping the motorist to get justice

I've just got a notice from a company in Sheffield after parking for over 3 hours. I am planning on ignoring their letters. But would it be too risky to park there again? I have a feeling they could clamp me until i paid my 'fines' or it would make the case stronger for them if i was a repeat 'offender'.

Not sure they could legally clamp your car in order to recover charges that potentially were accrued by another person.

1) Do not reply yo anything.

I'm on my 4th letter so far from EuroCar Parks for my wife parking in a Train station car park attached to Morrisons.

She also had one from 'parking eye' for staying over 3 hrs at a shopping complex in Chester. Didn't answer anything and uts gone away...

Apparently if its not a police ticket or a local authority ticket then its not a ticket, its an invitation to pay.

The letters get worse, more red in them, then Baliffs, CCJ's listed etc etc.

Over a month later, and the OP has not seen fit to add anything to this thread.

From experience, CP Plus will send the registered keeper 3 letters.

1 - They'll ask for £80, reduced to £50 is paid within 14 days.
2 - They'll then want £80.
3 - Then £120.

You will then get a further 3 letters from a company called "Debt Recovery Plus".

4 - A reminder of some sort, still £120.
5 - A letter entitled "Notice of Intended Litigation" Still want £120.
6 - A letter entitled "Reduced Payment Offer" Still £120 :confused:

That's probably all that will happen.

Absolutely incredible advice on motoring law is available here: PePiPoo: Helping the motorist to get justice. The amazingly knowledgeable folks there have helped me to a 5-nil score with parking and speeding tickets. Lots of info re private parking companies too.

-g

Not being funny, But you got a ticket for a reason,
Abuse of Disabled bays, Parked like a **** over 2 bays etc.
If you get a ticket, Hold your hands up, and stop ****ing moaning about it.
If you dont want to pay it, Dont pay it.

I just read another topic on previous page about his wife having another ticket, Didint she learn the first time?? Dumb bitch.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well done, Agent X.

You're getting the hang of sentence construction and your spelling is fair.

Both skills will come in handy when you go to big school.

Well done, Agent X.

You're getting the hang of sentence construction and your spelling is fair.

Both skills will come in handy when you go to big school.

The message was pretty clear though... LOL..

Indeed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom