Another post in praise of 124 works

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mattc

MB Enthusiast
Car
Audi A4, 1994 E320 Coupe, 1995 E300 estate
Spent all of saturday at Ians place having g/f's e280 caressed.

Lots of work done (Ian even let me hinder...I mean "help" :rolleyes: ). All the fluids and filters. new dicss and pads all round. new ARB's. Front spring modifications (You know what I mean mate;) )

the car may have done 200K but she purred like a pussy cat on the way home. The autobox is very smooth again.

I must pay a particular compliment to Ian for the work he did on the belt tensioner - this had been abused during a previous service and Ian worked like a trojan to get it functioning properly again. I feel that many places would have "glossed over" that issue and eventually something major would have happened.

It is this attention to detail that helps Ian stand out from the crowd and means i am prepared to drive 2 hours from the Midlands to have him work on our vehicles.

once again, thank you Ian - have a yellow one:bannana:

You Northerners have got your heads screwed on when it comes to saving cash and getting a good job done.

I tried to get a guy to go 50 miles to Blacks place,and he pulled a face and said there must be someone nearer.

I told him that Olly would solve the problem and that was worth a lot from all of the previous aggro that he had been having, but no go, he was not going to drive 50 miles down the M27

It is this attention to detail that helps Ian stand out from the crowd and means i am prepared to drive 2 hours from the Midlands to have him work on our vehicles.

I'd always kind of thought he was further away than that.

I'll put you in my Rolodex, Ian :bannana:

Thats from north birmingham. From Cov it would be more obviously; that said I personally think it worth the effort.

I'd always kind of thought he was further away than that.

I'll put you in my Rolodex, Ian :bannana:

Yeah, but Sutton's only 45 minutes from me

Malcolm

there is an old quote about horses and water - one does what one can to encourage others however too many pepople want it immediately. Ian is well worth the visit if only to pick his brains.

You Northerners have got your heads screwed on when it comes to saving cash and getting a good job done.

I tried to get a guy to go 50 miles to Blacks place,and he pulled a face and said there must be someone nearer.

I told him that Olly would solve the problem and that was worth a lot from all of the previous aggro that he had been having, but no go, he was not going to drive 50 miles down the M27

Having driven "that 124" today, I have to say it was a real pleasure - Ian thank you so much for all the hard work, effort and time you spent on Saturday (and for letting your new apprentice help! ;) ).

The car, whilst still needs some work doing is a joy - but then that's 124s for you!

Love it.

124 :rock:

Hi everyone, i would also like to say a big thanks to ian for working his magic on my car again(new exhaust) thankyou

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom